Around the League | Round 1: FIGHT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deeds26

Nov 11, 2006
Ah yes, the old boys club strikes again. Why hire fresh blood when you can hire someone who has been fired from coaching multiple times.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Maybe the best coaching market I've ever seen and that's who they choose to go with. Gallant, Woodcroft, McLellan, Evason, and Berube are all out there and perfectly suited (maybe not Woodcroft) to get the Sabres going.

Reactions: MS and calnuck

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Ah yes, the old boys club strikes again. Why hire fresh blood when you can hire someone who has been fired from coaching multiple times.
I mean they did hire fresh blood many times it didn’t work. Lindy’s a people’s coach, I think he’ll do a good job with that Buffalo core.

calnuck

Nov 26, 2010
CA
Maybe the best coaching market I've ever seen and that's who they choose to go with. Gallant, Woodcroft, McLellan, Evason, and Berube are all out there and perfectly suited (maybe not Woodcroft) to get the Sabres going.
McLellan seemed like a no brainer to me. How do you go back to Lindy Ruff after his stint with the Devils?

Edit: Took a quick trip to the Buffalo forum and they seem really happy with this hire so idk

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Are we doing an Oilers hate watch GDT in here like their board did?
I’m happy to join you. A chefs kiss playoff run would be the Canucks making the 2nd round while the Oilers get dummied in the 1st and McDrai request a trade. It would be glorious. Go LA

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Are we doing an Oilers hate watch GDT in here like their board did?
The really weird anti-Canucks stuff in their Around The League thread is really just 8-10 committed posters who don't talk about anything else. It's just one of those things that happens on message boards. Most Oiler fans are presumably normal. Most hockey fans in general are. We don't need a hate watch thread, and if the Oilers, Leafs, etc won a cup would any of us really be that bothered by it? I think I'd be over it in five minutes.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Can’t be bothered to hate watch while my team is in the playoffs

I am curious to see how LA fares in their third attempt at beating Edmonton here.

They’ve made moves to better them. Wonder about job security.

Reactions: vanuck and Vector

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Can’t be bothered to hate watch while my team is in the playoffs

I am curious to see how LA fares in their third attempt at beating Edmonton here.

They’ve made moves to better them. Wonder about job security.

I'm not convinced Talbot is the answer in net, and I think McDavid and Draisaitl are the kind of human cheat codes who can break through the 1-3-1 almost on their own.

Edmonton just needs their D and G to not shit the bed, and I think they can make short work of this one.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad