Around the League | Round 1: FIGHT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Jets and Kings completely unravelling tonight.

Can't say I feel too bad for either of them though.

Reactions: Zanon

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
@Peen
Whatcha think of the first round matchups now ?
My mindset is always the same. If we played the washington capitals in round 1 and won 4-0 or played the knights in round 1 and lost 4-2.. like those are the “same” result to me.

Not by result, just by the way I contextualize it.

Now… if we were like the leafs facing the bruins or lightning years in a row, at some point you just have to win. I get the coinflip argument… but you just have to get over the hump at some point. I don’t know if any of this makes sense

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Glad to see Oilers trouncing the Kings.

Yeah that's what you f***ing get for playing your p***y bitch ass 131.
I want it to go the distance at least to give Demko's knee a few more days. Also, the Oilers are going to be a lot for us to handle if we are giving up one turnover chance per game to what passes for the Preds offense. Oilers will get 3 per game off of quick break turnovers if we don't smarten up! I like our matchup against the Oilers, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want the Kings instead, I do.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Glad to see Oilers trouncing the Kings.

Yeah that's what you f***ing get for playing your p***y bitch ass 131.

Can't hate on a team for doing what it takes to win.

If it was the Canucks' best route, you would embrace it.

The problem is running into a team with players like McD and Drai who are simply too good to care about any defensive structure the other team can throw at them.

Reactions: LordBacon

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Kings have been whomped in two out of the three games played..If McDavid,Draisaitl, and Hyman are having an off night, the Kings stand a chance of possibly keeping it close enough to eke out a victory.

This series is probably going to mirror last years playoff matchup between these two teams..The Kings may win another one, but the ultimate winner of this series isn't really in doubt.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
So what do the kings do if they fall to Edm this season? Another year closer to retirement for their top duo. No goaltender to be their 1 next season? Didn’t get much out of PLD and he doesn’t appear to be engaged most nights?

Aside from Clarke who would be expected to join the kings roster from the A?

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
So what do the kings do if they fall to Edm this season? Another year closer to retirement for their top duo. No goaltender to be their 1 next season? Didn’t get much out of PLD and he doesn’t appear to be engaged most nights?

I think Rob Blake will finally get the axe, and whoever comes in will consider using the 1/3rd buyout of Dubois before it becomes a 2/3rd buyout.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles

Well cap is going to go up, better get an actual goalie, change the system away from 1-3-1, contemplate trading 1 of Kopitar/doughty for cap and assets to get more depth…. Pray that PLD is not completely checked out because he got the bag, hope Byfield and Clarke take the next step.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Well cap is going to go up, better get an actual goalie, change the system away from 1-3-1, contemplate trading 1 of Kopitar/doughty for cap and assets to get more depth…. Pray that PLD is not completely checked out because he got the bag, hope Byfield and Clarke take the next step.
How much of that cap room do they use to pay byfields next contract? Just finished his elc with a 55 point season. $7.3 mill saved from Arvidsson and Roy hitting ufa but need replacements.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Absolutely f***ing absurd that hitting a puck mid air and out of play can result in a delay of game penalty.

Should always be treated as icing. NHL, like with the trapezoid, overreacted to a few teams have success with a limited strategy (Lemaire with the Wild and Turco & Brodeur). Bizarre that it hasn't been adjusted and no one in the media or NHL cares.

Reactions: MS and calnuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad