Around the League | Round 1: FIGHT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
I'd legitimately rather see the Leafs win the cup than the Coilers, thinking about it. Coilers fans are spoiled with riches. They get handed generational players on a platter while teams like the Canucks, Leafs and Sabres have to scrap to even build half decent cores.
The Leafs pretty openly did the Edmonton thing to get Pig Papi.

Appropos of nothing...any league appetite to contract a couple teams? 😄

CanuckleBerry

Benning Survivor
Sep 27, 2017
New Westminster

I'll take it as a win. Hopefully Amazon takes the production seriously and hires good hockey people. I already have a Prime subscription so fingers crossed there isn't some additional fee. I can stream the HNIC games for free on CBC, so having another night a week of free hockey has me excited. Cable packages are too expensive and I try my best to avoid giving Rogers any subscription money.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Yes Vlasic has looked outstanding from the games i've seen of him this year

Lightning are done

Just too reliant on 4 skaters and Vasy

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Looks like Bo's new team is getting swept
images

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
f***ing wish Amazon would have swooped in and fully purchased the rights...

SN and TSN a decade ago had hockey, basketball, baseball, football, domestic and international soccer, formula 1, boxing, UFC, wrestling, etc...Now you need Apple+, Amazon Prime, Netflix, Fubo/One Soccer, DAZN, etc...

Cable got bloated and expensive but I fully expect the ISP's to impose caps and jack up internet rates to compensate for the lost market share.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
f***ing wish Amazon would have swooped in and fully purchased the rights...

SN and TSN a decade ago had hockey, basketball, baseball, football, domestic and international soccer, formula 1, boxing, UFC, wrestling, etc...Now you need Apple+, Amazon Prime, Netflix, Fubo/One Soccer, DAZN, etc...

Cable got bloated and expensive but I fully expect the ISP's to impose caps and jack up internet rates to compensate for the lost market share.
Pirating master race.

Reactions: jd22 and dez

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I don’t think we are saying he is a great goalie, just talking about how underrated he is. Like having several good cup runs over a long NHL career being a starter is not that common.
You don’t become a starter for a winning team for like 8 seasons and going on 3 deep runs and winning 2 Stanley cup by being below average starter or backup goalie level.

On that team you literally could.

The numbers don’t lie.

His mediocre performances in St. Louis/NYI smack dab in the middle of his prime don’t lie.

He was a below-average starter who fluked into a Cloutier-Burke/Crawford situation on one of the most dominant teams in NHL history.

Everyone who watched his career knew he sucked but people who didn’t come along 20 years later and try to write revisionist BS.

Reactions: Vector
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad