Around the League | Round 1: FIGHT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I know most of you recall bob cole for his calls decades back, but even in the late 00’s, Saturday night HNIC with Bob Cole doing the eastern game and Jim Hughson doing the west coast games… those are the days I fell in love with hockey.

Bob Cole’s call. Even when he couldn’t follow play, he was just fantastic to me. His voice. It framed everything going on so well to me.

RIP Legend

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
RIP Bob Cole

Him and Harry Neale are fixtures of my life HNIC and hockey in general.

Hearing them do a game was just pure joy and comfort. The game was on it's Saturday Night work was over for the week and time to enjoy friends good food and drinks extended family or even just a chill night by the TV with my wife and kids.

It was always soothing in some fashion...the voices the presentation the game the controversy the stories....... Just pure Canadiana

Legend

Reactions: Peen

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I think they might regret not getting the extra couple of years but I can understand from Vlasic's camp cause I believe that will walk him to UFA and an option to not stay in CHI if the rebuild doesn't go so hot.
He turns 23 in June. So, this deal makes him a UFA when he turns 29 in 2030. Better to be UFA at 29 vs 31.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Kind of insane that Hakstol in SEA is the 6th longest tenured HC in the NHL right now and he's only just completed his 3rd full season with SEA. 5 people ahead of him are Cup winning HC in Cooper, Sullivan, and Bednar. Then it's Brindy who has had Carolina as one of the top teams in the East and Keefe with Toronto, a good regular season team who can't get over the hump in PO.

Just this season, it's SJ, Edm, Stl, Buf, NJ, Ott, NYI. Who knows what the new GM in CBS decides to do with the current HC who was a late hire due to Babcock's late resignation. That's 7 and possibly an 8th HC change in 1 season, a full quarter of the league.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Just 2 afternoon game today - WTF is up with this scheduling?

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Just 2 afternoon game today - WTF is up with this scheduling?
I think a lot of cities are dealing with the hockey in basketball stadium, overlap, as well as concerts, which makes it weird

Reactions: Vector

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I know most of you recall bob cole for his calls decades back, but even in the late 00’s, Saturday night HNIC with Bob Cole doing the eastern game and Jim Hughson doing the west coast games… those are the days I fell in love with hockey.

Bob Cole’s call. Even when he couldn’t follow play, he was just fantastic to me. His voice. It framed everything going on so well to me.

RIP Legend
In the same boat, though I’ll admit at first I was meh on Cole but after a couple of years his voice grew on me.

Another good part about that era was TSN games, they had really good PBP guys and you got Bob McKenzie during intermissions dropping some rumours.

calnuck

Nov 26, 2010
CA
Islanders have no business being in the playoffs. I think it’s a real testament to how weak the bottom half of the east is that they made it in

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Islanders have no business being in the playoffs. I think it’s a real testament to how weak the bottom half of the east is that they made it in
Big time disparity in talent and depth between 4-5 teams in the league versus the rest.

Reactions: calnuck

calnuck

Nov 26, 2010
CA
LMFAO how is that an interference penalty, he fell trying to skate over him

At this point, it'll be miracle if the Isles win a single game. Carolina has utterly dominated them.

The real surprise, so far, is how poorly Hellebuyck's played. Or is it more Winnipeg just not playing defense? 5.04 and a .870 is just nutty.
It’ll be a miracle if they win a period. This series hasn’t been competitive in any way, shape or form.

calnuck

Nov 26, 2010
CA
I still don’t understand; what was hiring Patrick Roy supposed to accomplish? His coaching record is pretty mediocre. No one better was available?

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Worst fanbase in the league. Toxic clowns that have zero knowledge about any of the players that don't play for their team. Coilers are the one of the main teams I never want to see any success for. I can still stomach the Flames.
Last season I convinced myself that Edmonton was a lesser evil in the playoffs than the Leafs. I must have temporarily forgot that they're primarily cheered on by Albertans. Talk about a Sophie's choice.

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
Last season I convinced myself that Edmonton was a lesser evil in the playoffs than the Leafs. I must have temporarily forgot that they're primarily cheered on by Albertans. Talk about a Sophie's choice.
I'd legitimately rather see the Leafs win the cup than the Coilers, thinking about it. Coilers fans are spoiled with riches. They get handed generational players on a platter while teams like the Canucks, Leafs and Sabres have to scrap to even build half decent cores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad