Not open for further replies.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
insane double header in both leagues

carolina/nyi was wild and then vgk/dal was wild

and in the nba, nyk/76ers and la/den IS wild
Is LA/Denver really wild? Denver is a much better team.

Also, IDK if people have this issue, but I just feel nothing for teams in the south east.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
As I said LA system against a fast team will get destroyed.

Not sure if this new coach will know what to do and what adjustments to make.

Sadly against a team like the Canucks who play a lot around the boards and east west they would likely have more success.
I think this team would have broken down this LA team in 6, especially with a healthy Demko. LA has little fire power and their D sucks.

Reactions: Regress2TheMeme

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Is LA/Denver really wild? Denver is a much better team.

Also, IDK if people have this issue, but I just feel nothing for teams in the south east.

The LeBron jock sniffers always hyping his team up, Denver pretty much were down by almost 20 tonight and still came back to win.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
The LeBron jock sniffers always hyping his team up, Denver pretty much were down by almost 20 tonight and still came back to win.
? He’s 39 and going against the championship favourites on a team with only one reliable bench player

Even if you don’t like LeBron, the game was fantastic. Pretty much any NBA personality is saying this was the best doubleheader of games in recent NBA playoff history, at least since the bubble.

Both games were fantastic

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I think this team would have broken down this LA team in 6, especially with a healthy Demko. LA has little fire power and their D sucks.

I mean I would like to hope so but the oilers steam rolled the kings in the final few meetings with la and van had trouble with that style.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
? He’s 39 and going against the championship favourites on a team with only one reliable bench player

Even if you don’t like LeBron, the game was fantastic. Pretty much any NBA personality is saying this was the best doubleheader of games in recent NBA playoff history, at least since the bubble.

Both games were fantastic

Sixers fans crying foul on that last sequence.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I actually subscribe to this theory, but your goalie has to be at least somewhat competent.
Either that or a fresh face that gets hot with weaknesses that are initially overlooked. Murray, Binnington and Niemi come to mind. All 3 were exposed after teams scouted them.

Reactions: Bubbles

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Wasn't the prevailing wisdom that you could just cheapen out at the crease and a good defense would cover it up? How the turn tables...
That may have been the mindset a decade ago when scoring was down and the average SV% was around .915 vs .903 this year, the lowest it's been in 19 years.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Either that or a fresh face that gets hot with weaknesses that are initially overlooked. Murray, Binnington and Niemi come to mind. All 3 were exposed after teams scouted them.

Yep exactly. Once the shooters and coaches got the book on "new" goalies, they went back down to mediocrity.

The Avs kicked Kuemper out the door immediately after winning it all. Looks like Adin Hill is headed down that road too.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Refs ignored Nurse calling a timeout lol. Twice.
I don’t think it was a valid timeout call. It looked like he hadn’t committed to a timeout call when they had it on the baseline and was waiting if they were close to a 5s call inbounding. And then it was loose on the second one

cc @EpochLink

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I don’t think it was a valid timeout call. It looked like he hadn’t committed to a timeout call when they had it on the baseline and was waiting if they were close to a 5s call inbounding. And then it was loose on the second one

cc @EpochLink

Maxey played lights out, Embiid played lights out, Tobias Harris continues to struggle come post season time.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Problem is also that there isn’t that many good goalies in the league anymore. It’s definitely a position of weakness for many teams.

I said as much a day or so but even the Golden Knights didn't believe it considering they signed Hill to a sizable contract instead of letting him walk and rolling with Thompson.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Commentators were saying that the Vegas Golden Knights entered these playoffs more than $11m over the salary cap, with the activation of Mark Stone.

And the Dallas fans weren't being conned. They booed him unmercifully all night long, which kind of surprised me. Usually fans in some of these U,S. markets aren't that knowledgeable about the nuances of contracts, the salary cap or NHL hockey roster rules.

But even they've reached the conclusion that the Knights are fudging the LTIR rules, and obviously getting away with it. And their demeanor wasn't helped by Vegas handing the home team Stars a 4-3 loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad