Around the League - Pre-season 2015 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
I loved Tanner Glass when he was here. Hell of a fourth liner and team player. I'm glad he's doing well with AV in New York and I forgive him for whiffing on the open net. He's also the subject of probably my favorite Canucks picture of all-time.

howtofightbears.jpg

:yo:

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
It's literally the exact opposite approach of 'moneyball.'

Pretty much.

Interestingly we'll get to see at least 1 new confirmed moneyball team in the league this year in TOR. CHI is another one and there's probably a number of others too (LA, TB, PIT).

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Tanner Glass is possibly the worst player in the NHL. One guy had 26 points last year in mainly a fourth line roll and the other had a huge, whopping total...of 6.

Glass brings character X 1000. And zero hockey ability.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
Kassian just scored a beautiful goal for Montreal. I have a feeling this gift will keep on giving for a long time.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Kassian just scored a beautiful goal for Montreal. I have a feeling this gift will keep on giving for a long time.

yep. If Kassian tops out as a marginal player it was a bad deal. Given it's much likelier that Kassian ends up being a decent top six guy than not, the only silver lining might be it leads to the end of Benning and Linden running this organization.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
yep. If Kassian tops out as a marginal player it was a bad deal. Given it's much likelier that Kassian ends up being a decent top six guy than not, the only silver lining might be it leads to the end of Benning and Linden running this organization.

Why is it likelier?

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Glass brings character X 1000. And zero hockey ability.

Glass lifts his team mates to greater heights. Only advanced stats nerds fail to see Glass' greatness. His presence makes them braver, his presence scares away cheap shots, he mentors like a God - look hope good the Sedins turned out under his mentorship, his dressing room presence is worth 15 or 20 points.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
Glass lifts his team mates to greater heights. Only advanced stats nerds fail to see Glass' greatness. His presence makes them braver, his presence scares away cheap shots, he mentors like a God - look hope good the Sedins turned out under his mentorship, his dressing room presence is worth 15 or 20 points.

Yep, it's not just coincidence that 3 of the last 6 Art Ross Winners have had Tanner Glass there to mentor them.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Ugh, if I never read another post with a stupid joke about "scrums" or "meat and potatoes" I'll die a happy man.

Seriously, new material, please.

If Benning and company stops using these meaningless buzz words to prop up bad aquisitioms then we'll stop using those same words to mock him.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Phhtttt that doesn't make intangibles and the effect Glass has on moral, note his mentoring boost.

Glass leaves Pittsburgh and y they barely make the playoffs

Joins rangers and success them to a president trophy with his team building aura.

Joins Canucks, and they become a force, presidents trophies, SCFs. Leaves Canucks and slow decline ends in picking 6th overall.

Mentoring.

Mentoring and helping build character in younger players is an actual thing no matter how condescending the argument against it is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad