Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Winnipeg with their Vezina lock has given up 11 goals in two games. Why all the adoration for the team that appears soft and slow and couldn’t get a high danger scoring chance on a 2 on 0 against the Leafs?

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Is that confirmed? Broken finger?
No confirmation, and I doubt Florida will say anything other than the usual "upper body injury", but that looked like a broken hand or wrist to me based on where the puck hit him. If so, that is 4-6 weeks minimum.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
That was a rough win for Florida last night.
Lose Bennett with a hand injury and Forsling also got banged up.

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
11 straight playoff OT wins is absolutely asinine for Florida.
Yep, and didn't the Habs go 10 and 1 in OT, with the one loss being the game 1 of round 1 befire winning 10 straight in OT in '93 when they won the cup?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
11 straight playoff OT wins is absolutely asinine for Florida.

It'd be nice to get that kind of exceptional goaltending. Even TBL got some classic Vasi stuff last night, but Bob made 1 miraculous save, and also huge saves when TBL were pressing.

Like just a Sammy level performance on either team, and the other team probably wins handedly.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
sounds like bennett only out a week or so now(although who knows whats true this time of year)
I don't think that is anything more than a Maurice sell job to the media. If he broke a bone in his hand or wrist, he is gone for a while.

MilkofthePoppy

Oct 27, 2022
Winnipeg with their Vezina lock has given up 11 goals in two games. Why all the adoration for the team that appears soft and slow and couldn’t get a high danger scoring chance on a 2 on 0 against the Leafs?

The narrative around the Avs Jets series is hilarious. Georgiev lets in 7 and Hellybucyck lets in 6 in game 1 but for some reason only Georgiev is considered a sieve. Gee I wonder why? Hellybucyck is so overrated. Most of the "top tier" goalies in this era are. The age of the series stealing goalie died when Brodeur retired.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad