Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Both Dallas and Vegas were averaging just under 3 goals a game entering tonight.

Leafs are still under 2 goals with a 5% PP. They may win this series, but won't go very far with those numbers

It's been terrible but even the worse teams in the NHL can accomplish a better PP, so I think there's been a luck factor here and Swayman has been fantastic. I dunno if tonight will be the night we finally unbreak it but it's not gonna stay at 5% if they survive.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Regular season
1714837795342.png

Playoffs
1714837758943.png

This is what you call raising your level of play in the playoffs. All for $9.5m.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Oh well, another season flushed on our end.
I’ll cheer for the winner of the Stars/Knights series now.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Oh well, another season flushed on our end.
I’ll cheer for the winner of the Stars/Knights series now.

I'm cheering for my boy Zach Hyman and the Oilers from here on out.

The same Zach Hyman whom past management:baghead: didn't think was worth $5 mil cap investment. :banghead:

Hyman has 7 playoff goals after round #1 and in comparison Matthews (1) + Marner (1) + Tavares (1) + Nylander (3) = 6 combined, while consuming 1/2 the teams salary cap.

Auston Matthews scored 69 regular season goals + 1 playoff goal for 70 goals total on the season. Zach Hyman had 54 regular season goals + 7 playoff goals (and counting) for 61 goals on the season.

Before this years playoffs end Zach Hyman may have outscored Auston Matthews on the overall 2023-24 season.

torontoblood

Proud Member of Leafs Nation
May 27, 2021
I just hope both Boston and Florida lose.

I don’t care about the playoffs otherwise. Bleh.

I won’t watch any games live but I will watch the postgame YouTube highlights.

For me, the hockey season is over.

Last edited:
Reactions: Al14

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019

I won’t watch any games live but I will watch some YouTube highlights.

Really? How can you not watch a game 7 between Vegas and Dallas? It will likely be better than any of the Cup final games.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!

I won’t watch any games live but I will watch some YouTube highlights.

I get that sentiment, but on the other hand I love hockey, I will go watch beer league players in the summer, when there is no hockey on TV, I just love the sport, I will watch every game to the end, and will be sad when the season is over, and will begin the countdown till training camp.

torontoblood

May 27, 2021
Really? How can you not watch a game 7 between Vegas and Dallas? It will likely be better than any of the Cup final games.

I get that sentiment, but on the other hand I love hockey, I will go watch beer league players in the summer, when there is no hockey on TV, I just love the sport, I will watch every game to the end, and will be sad when the season is over, and will begin the countdown till training camp.

I love hockey too but last night loss broke me. I’m apathetic right now and I’m sad because we lost against the bruins again .

I guess I’m burned out after a very long regular season and another disappointing elimination in the first round.

Last edited:

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Pretty much the same here.
I find Leaf failures very easy to get over now and they don't cut into my love of the game at all. When my expectations for them were still high maybe I'd be bummed out for a couple days but even then I'd still be anxious to see the next round and every round after that. This is the best hockey we'll see all year, enjoy it.

torontoblood

May 27, 2021
Update: I changed my mind somewhat. I will only watch if there are game 7s. These games are the best and most exciting. But I won’t watch the rest of the playoffs though.

So I will watch tonight’s game 7 between the stars and golden knights. This should be a good one, the defending Stanley cup champ vs the top seed in the west.

Last edited:
Reactions: Evilhomer

disgruntleddave

Aug 31, 2009
Canada
A goal in under 3 minutes. Unheard of. Free ice right up the middle. Unheard of.

Edit: and now 1-1.

It's so weird to see after grinding through our series.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
Yup. Most of us Leaf’s fans will watch all the playoffs. It’s natural for us as we’re used to either not making playoffs or being out very early. Lol.

Reactions: Cleetus

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
I'm cheering for my boy Zach Hyman and the Oilers from here on out.

The same Zach Hyman whom past management:baghead: didn't think was worth $5 mil cap investment. :banghead:

Hyman has 7 playoff goals after round #1 and in comparison Matthews (1) + Marner (1) + Tavares (1) + Nylander (3) = 6 combined, while consuming 1/2 the teams salary cap.

Auston Matthews scored 69 regular season goals + 1 playoff goal for 70 goals total on the season. Zach Hyman had 54 regular season goals + 7 playoff goals (and counting) for 61 goals on the season.

Before this years playoffs end Zach Hyman may have outscored Auston Matthews on the overall 2023-24 season.
I like Hyman too but nowhere near enough to cheer for those whiner/divers.

Alright Rags, knock those wannabes out.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad