Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto
Cody Ceci is their #4 lol

Past few years I thought Oilers were a one line team and power play merchants.

I was so wrong.

Without McDavid this team would have a hard time making the playoffs. He gives them such a great advantage when he laces them up. They play so differently when he is on the ice.

Without him, no so much. They better pray he doesn't get injured.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
8:30 home game for the Jets is stupid.
I know everything is dictated by money and TV these days, but I miss the days when you knew what you were getting with the playoff schedules. Each conference's games all played on the same day, each on alternating days. Eastern Conference one day, Western Conference the next. Start times were dictated by the city in which the game was played in. The '94 Rangers/Canucks final is one of my fondest playoff memories (non-Leafs) -- besides the great 7-game series it was, staying up 'til past 1 am because the puck dropped past 10:30 pm EST for games in Vancouver was lots of fun.

Now we get teams playing at noon, there are 3-day breaks between games, some series have 5 games played while another only has 3 -- it's a hodge-podge.

Reactions: Jojalu

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
I find the disdain amongst Canadian teams' fanbases so freakin' weird. You would never hear fans of the American teams say, "Man, I can't wait until so and so team loses" and "I hope a Canadian team wins the Cup this year."

Maybe 15 years ago when I was younger and naive did I not want a Canadian team winning before the Leafs because I was insecure about it. But screw that. I'd rather cheer for the Oilers, Canucks and Jets over teams like the Kings, Islanders, Golden Knights and Predators.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
I find the disdain amongst Canadian teams' fanbases so freakin' weird. You would never hear fans of the American teams say, "Man, I can't wait until so and so team loses" and "I hope a Canadian team wins the Cup this year."

Maybe 15 years ago when I was younger and naive did I not want a Canadian team winning before the Leafs because I was insecure about it. But screw that. I'd rather cheer for the Oilers, Canucks and Jets over teams like the Kings, Islanders, Golden Knights and Predators.
We are the minority, but I am in full agreement.

Sure, some fans are jerks, but so are some Leaf fans.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021

Oh I hear plenty of that. :nod:

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
Oh I hear plenty of that. :nod:

Yeah same, because it's part of being a fan. You love your team and sometimes hate certain other teams. I don't find anything weird about an Avs fan hating a bunch of American teams or a Canucks fan hating the rest of Canada

I certainly don't want to see the Oilers, Canucks, or Jets represent the West. Canucks have a likeable team (unlike 2011 when I had to cheer for Boston.....gross), so I guess I'd cheer for them if they meet the Oilers in round 2. I hope neither makes it, though.

The other Western teams are fine with me, including the villains in Vegas, whom I applaud for exploiting the cap loopholes (more teams should do this)

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Yeah same, because it's part of being a fan. You love your team and sometimes hate certain other teams. I don't find anything weird about an Avs fan hating a bunch of American teams or a Canucks fan hating the rest of Canada

I certainly don't want to see the Oilers, Canucks, or Jets represent the West. Canucks have a likeable team (unlike 2011 when I had to cheer for Boston.....gross), so I guess I'd cheer for them if they meet the Oilers in round 2. I hope neither makes it, though.

The other Western teams are fine with me, including the villains in Vegas, whom I applaud for exploiting the cap loopholes (more teams should do this)
I liked Bieksa and Hanson. The Sedins were fun to watch, but I understand why people hated Burrows and Kesler

Blanka

Mar 27, 2013
Every time I hear Bronski Beat I want to open a trading account with Scotiabank.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
First 5 minutes of TB and FLA not that physical. Both teams seem to have settled into a cautious back and forth.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
All these players with illnesses and inuries? Don't they know these are the playoffs? You're supposed to play through anything!! Buncha wusses I tell ya

Reactions: Blanka

Blanka

Mar 27, 2013
I hate that POS Bennett.

1713916299254.png

Looks like Hagle pushed Tkachuk into Vas.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad