Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
This is why I complain about this playoff format.

The Oilers get to play the worst team in the West every season. Their stars rack up some points against them and everyone acts like they're some playoff superstars because their 3 points a game against the Kings make it look like some dynasty.

The LA Kings have won 1 playoff game in the last 9 years (in 2 series) when not playing the Oilers. They won a total of 5 playoff games in the last 9 years if you include the Oilers. Oilers get spoonfed them every year because there's only 2 decent teams in the Pacific every season.

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere

The Oilers get to play the worst team in the West every season. Their stars rack up some points against them and everyone acts like they're some playoff superstars because their 3 points a game against the Kings make it look like some dynasty.

The LA Kings have won 1 playoff game in the last 9 years (in 2 series) when not playing the Oilers. They won a total of 5 playoff games in the last 9 years if you include the Oilers. Oilers get spoonfed them every year because there's only 2 decent teams in the Pacific every season.
You can only play the team in front of you. It's not like the Leafs haven't had chances against "weak" competition and completely blew it either.

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto

Parade planning for the past three years in Edmonton!

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
You can only play the team in front of you. It's not like the Leafs haven't had chances against "weak" competition and completely blew it either.

Columbus once. The Leafs beat the Habs more time than the entire Western conference in 2 series and of course Tavares had to get a concussion 10 minutes into the series.

Reactions: MapleLeafs77

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
They had an #8 seed in Florida last year too.

They were only the 8th seed due to injuries. They got healthy in the Boston series They won the President's Trophy the year prior. It's like calling Vegas an 8th seed.

They were missing Bennett, Ekblad and Barkov due to injuries last season.

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
He wouldn't because he wouldn't get the PP time ... and McDavid's ability to drive play is on another level.
While true I don't think I ever saw Hyman display this kind of offensive ability in all his seasons playing with the Leafs and with alot of talented players here. The Oilers just look to be a better fit for him and he's meshing well with McDavid and the rest of the Oilers team and he's doing great as a result.

Reactions: kb and BertCorbeau

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Edmonton looks really good.
They're really not, LA's goaltending is just that terrible.

It's a shame LA won and Vegas lost on the last day of the season. Cause Vegas would be clapping Ednonton's cheeks right now

This. These playoffs are a joke and everyone fellates the Oilers because of it.

For the Kings I'd much rather be losing to Dallas, at least they're a respectable team. Although under the old format it'd be Winnipeg, who the Kings would actually have the best chance to beat

Reactions: 3blizzard4

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
While true I don't think I ever saw Hyman display this kind of offensive ability in all his seasons playing with the Leafs and with alot of talented players here. The Oilers just look to be a better fit for him and he's meshing well with McDavid and the rest of the Oilers team and he's doing great as a result.

I really think he has put a ton of work into his puck handling skills over the years in the off season

Those early years his hands looked like stone. He’s definitely evolved

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
This. These playoffs are a joke and everyone fellates the Oilers because of it.

For the Kings I'd much rather be losing to Dallas, at least they're a respectable team. Although under the old format it'd be Winnipeg, who the Kings would actually have the best chance to beat

I see why Edmonton likes it though.

The 5th seed Edmonton gets to play the 7th seed LA at home. In a 1-8 format, the 4th seed Colorado would play the 5th seed Edmonton with Edmonton being on the road. Huge advantage to Edmonton. I'm sure their owner loves the extra home games at their new arena though.

Meanwhile, the entire East is currently a 1-8 format.
(2) Winnipeg vs Colorado (4) got screwed.
(5) Edmonton vs LA (7) smiling ear to ear.

Reactions: torontoblood

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I see why Edmonton likes it though.

The 5th seed Edmonton gets to play the 7th seed LA at home. In a 1-8 format, the 4th seed Colorado would play the 5th seed Edmonton with Edmonton being on the road. Huge advantage to Edmonton. I'm sure their owner loves the extra home games at their new arena though.
Oh it's obvious why those clowns love it for sure. They'd be getting clapped by the Avs too, a much deeper team that can actually skate with them.

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
I really think he has put a ton of work into his puck handling skills over the years in the off season

Those early years his hands looked like stone. He’s definitely evolved
Probably did because he definitely didn't look like this offensively when he was with the Leafs otherwise maybe they'd have tried harder to re-sign him and give him the contract that he wanted. I still think the Oilers just turned out to be a better fit for him and that if he had stayed with the Leafs he wouldn't be putting up the numbers that he is now. Good for him as I always liked him when he was here. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad