Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
im almost at the point now, it does not matter what the leafs franchise does, its not ever gonna happen, this team is a curse lol, sorry to be a downer tonight.
I accepted this the last few years as well. I thought maybe they just needed to get over the hump (first round) and they'd finally get on a deep run lmao. Reality is it's just extremely hard to win the Cup, you need a lot of things to go right and also get lucky, and it's just such a long and difficult battle that by the time you make it to the finals your team is probably decimated anyways. Sadly we are probably on track to become next San Jose Sharks.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I was outside working in the yard and was listening to the first period on Tampa radio. Espo is bad and great at the same time. Between his constant outburst during the play and being tongue tied with Boborovsky I couldn’t stop chuckling.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Oilers set up for an easy path to the finals.

The weakest team in the west first round. The second weakest or Vancouver with a backup in the second.

Let’s see if they take advantage of it.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC

Rogers trying to recoup some of the money they spent on the national rights.

Interesting too, Amazon has stated that this will be an entirely new broadcast and studio team. I thought they might just be taking on the production of the Sportsnet Monday show... which it is seems is not the case.

Since TSN and Sportsnet have every pbp guy under contract, wonder who they get?

Reactions: hockeywiz542

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Oilers also have crappy goalies and not a great group of D, so it shouldn't shock anyone if the Kings end up winning the series

I'd love this outcome. I'm sure the narratives would be completely different when it comes to comparing McDavid and Matthews being eliminated in the first round.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I'd love this outcome. I'm sure the narratives would be completely different when it comes to comparing McDavid and Matthews being eliminated in the first round.
We're 2 games in and McDavid has 6 pts. Unless he goose eggs the rest of the series it should be a different narrative

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Caps are actually giving the rags a better battle than I was expecting. Not a big Rempe fan but if he’d have answered the bell with Wilson and kicked his ass I’d have gained some respect.

Reactions: Jojalu

Blanka

Mar 27, 2013
That's going to be pp #6 for the Caps? Lol what? 0-5 so far. Looks like they're taking a page from our playbook.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad