Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
I thought Bedard looked underwhelming. Lost defensively was expected, but he attempted a ton of ‘junior’ plays that just failed to materialize and were turned over. Pretty weak on the puck and on his feet.

It’ll take some time for him to adjust, the skill and potential is undeniable but I don’t think he’s an immediate impact player.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
If you read HF over the summer you would think the Leafs are the only team with cap issues and could only ice half a team.
The summer of Pierre!

Shouldn't be a problem. We were constantly told that Stutzle and Sanderson both inked team friendly deals.

I can't imagine if the Leafs iced Chartier and Greig as their #2 and #3 center how much the media would lose their minds. It's crazy how no one is talking about it. Chartier is 27 years old and with 1 NHL point and that point was in 2018-2019.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
I can't imagine if the Leafs iced Chartier and Greig as their #2 and #3 center how much the media would lose their minds. It's crazy how no one is talking about it. Chartier is 27 years old and with 1 NHL point and that point was in 2018-2019.

If the Leafs had f***ed up their cap to the point they had to ice a shorthanded team in Game 1 of the season while a prized young player had to sit out due to having not enough space to sign him the media would rightfully be raking them over the coals. But because it’s Ottawa and they get the kid gloves treatment it’s barely a blip on the radar.

Last edited:

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
If the Leafs had f***ed up their cap to the point they had to ice a shorthanded team in Game 1 of the season while a prized young player had to sit out due to having not enough space to sign him the media would rightfully be taking them over the coals. But because it’s Ottawa and they get the kid gloves treatment it’s barely a blip on the radar.

It's Ottawa's year, remember?

According to some, Pinto doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. Gotcha...

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
Regardless of who the effective Pens' GM has turned out to be, it's going to be interesting to follow how that team manages its decline and transition into a rebuilding team. I said it last season that them going "all in" one more time (I suggested adding Patrick Kane at the deadline) and going deep one more time in the playoffs would be a huge story. History suggests it won't happen. The only way 35+ superstars chase Stanley Cups is by riding along with a new generation of star teammates. They've sort of done what I said adding Karlsson although doubling up on offensive defensemen doesn't have a great track record.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
I mean if the NHL doesn’t make an issue for guys who won’t wear the warm up jerseys and such, the shouldn’t for guys who want to.
If media and all that didn't make such a big deal about people not wearing the pride jerseys and actually celebrated what the league was doing with pride nights then I doubt this happens. Instead all them bashing the few players who didn't wear them and going on about those players completely overshadowed the entire pride night because that's all we heard about was the people who didn't wear them. Still shouldn't ban pride tape and all that because of it because that should be up to the players themselves so I hope most players just disregard the ban and do put it on anyways and I hope the teams will pay the fines or whatever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad