Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
These late season surges from Ovi are crazy. He looked like he wasn't even gonna score 20 this year and now it looks like he'll breeze past 30.
Something was clearly off with him in the first half of the season and he even missed 3 games about a week before the ASG.

He’s on a 62 goal pace over 82 games in his last 24 games with 18 goals and 29 points.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Jason Robertson
Last Year: 46 goals
This Year: 24 goals

Tage Thompson
Last Year: 47 goals
This Year: 22 goals

Don't take what Matthews and Nylander are doing for granted.

Screenshot_2024-03-25-13-36-55~2.png

Last edited:

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
People complain about Matthews low assist totals: 58 goals, 34 assists
while never mentioning Hymans: 50 goals, 19 assists

:laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Leaf Rocket and kb

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Damn, the skill back then doesn't even compare to today's NHL....no offence to some of the players on that list lol
Jamie Benn was a great player and power forward in his hay day, but to me he still sticks out like a sore thumb as the most unlikely and random Art Ross winner of all time. Or at least, for as long as I've been a fan and can remember.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Jamie Benn was a great player and power forward in his hay day, but to me he still sticks out like a sore thumb as the most unlikely and random Art Ross winner of all time. Or at least, for as long as I've been a fan and can remember.

If Tavares didn’t have as much integrity as he does he’d have probably won the Art that year.

In his piece, Auerbach talked about Tavares' run to the Art Ross Trophy. Part of Auerbach's duties with the Islanders are to communicate with the league if a player on the team came to him feeling they deserved credit for a point on a goal.
Tavares would never do that, even when points were crucial.

In fact, he did the opposite.

"That season, Tavares had me check video with the league to see if he earned assists on two separate goals. Both times, he was right—he should not have been awarded assists—so the points were taken away from his stat line," Auerbach wrote."The NHL heads of statistics were baffled when I went to them to check the goals. They told me they had never been asked by a player to take points away."

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Rooting for the Kings tonight, its nice to see their season turned around. Still dont like PLD though, and he'll likely be shipped in the off-season?
Not sure there would be a market. He ends up miserable everywhere he goes, under performs, then wants a change of scenery because the situation doesn't suit him. Strikes me as the type who should invest in a mirror.
If there is a sucker, I hope the idiot works for one of our rivals.

Decent scrap between Schenn and McNabb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad