Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Yeah they went from a fringe wildcard team to looking like a dark horse to win a round in the west. I wouldn't want to face them in the first round.
The West is going to be tough... if things finished the way they stand right now, it looks like Western Conference leader Vancouver's award would be to play Vegas in the first round, while Dallas gets Nashville. Colorado would play Jets, the Oilers play Kings.... I think only one of those has a clear favourite in Edmonton, but the other three are coin tosses.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
The West is going to be tough... if things finished the way they stand right now, it looks like Western Conference leader Vancouver's award would be to play Vegas in the first round, while Dallas gets Nashville. Colorado would play Jets, the Oilers play Kings.... I think only one of those has a clear favourite in Edmonton, but the other three are coin tosses.
The west is insane right now wow. That's what I call those matchups too, coin tosses. There's no way to seriously bet on them.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
The Preds are hot right now, but Dallas or Colorado is not a great matchup. We saw the Jets play the Leafs earlier and they were slow and dog crap at that point.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Barry Trotz been cookin. I really wonder what they do this summer. Its not like Forsberg/ROR/Josi are in their low-mid 20s. Saros has 1 more year left. If they re-sign him this summer then I think they should really try to deal Askarov for the best offensive forward they could get. Blowing it completely up at this point feels kind of useless. And moving on from Saros to a rookie goalie would just set them back for the next couple of years.

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
The west is insane right now wow. That's what I call those matchups too, coin tosses. There's no way to seriously bet on them.

If I had to bet now, my money would be on Colorado making the Cup Final. Best team from top to bottom and Georgiev just needs to not be terrible ala Kuemper in 2022. Mittlestadt seems like the perfect 2C for them.

Dallas second, possibly first if Oettinger ever figures it out.

Vancouver and Winnipeg rely too much on goaltending, which isn't a bad thing, but it can only take you so far imo

Edmonton has been the healthiest team all year, so I'm not sure about their depth if someone does get injured. Before Ekholm was out with an illness last week, they went like 60+ straight games with the same top 6 D lol

No idea what to make of LA. If PLD can stop sucking, they could be a darkhorse

Vegas is scary when healthy but we'll see if they have chemistry issues. Lol at them potentially being a wildcard team, though. Poor division winners.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Kutch was doing his best Marner last night vs Sharks. This one was his best of the night.

Was thinking of the best dynamic duos and Kutch/Point are right up there with McD/Drai, Matty/Marner, Mac/Ranta, Barkov/Tkachuk, and Petey/Miller.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Massive two points for the Caps. I cannot believe they are in the hunt. I don't know if that speaks well of them, or ill of the teams they are tracking down!

Looks to be a three team race with Philadelphia, Washington and Detroit.

The MET3 and WC2 are going to be the team you want to face in round 1.

Reactions: BallardEra

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Massive two points for the Caps. I cannot believe they are in the hunt. I don't know if that speaks well of them, or ill of the teams they are tracking down!

Which is why finishing first in the Atlantic has always been so important. Maybe it won't matter if the Rangers continue their run and finish first in the conference.

Reactions: wingman75

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Carolina has a really good team, but they lack in the “FU” department. Geuntzel helps, but I still think they needed a little more.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario

A bit of both. Carberry is a good coach though and seeing the younger players play well in meaningful games bodes well for them going forward.

Hopefully Ryan Leonard joins the team next season.

Reactions: wingman75

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad