Around the League Part XIII: The season's here, and so still is this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I'm surprised at just how bad Buffalo is...

I think some guys at TSN were taking shots at their goaltender (Enroth) a few days ago - but he is standing his ground right now and Buffalo is being badly outshot.

IDK - I kind of feel like Buffalo has to do something so they don't suck this badly... I mean Tim Murray doesn't need a playoff team or a bubble one but this is disastrous.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013

I think some guys at TSN were taking shots at their goaltender (Enroth) a few days ago - but he is standing his ground right now and Buffalo is being badly outshot.

IDK - I kind of feel like Buffalo has to do something so they don't suck this badly... I mean Tim Murray doesn't need a playoff team or a bubble one but this is disastrous.

Tim Murray won't do anything imo. He wants a top 5 pick.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
They will get McDavid or Eichel, and Tim is going to look like a genius.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
They will get McDavid or Eichel, and Tim is going to look like a genius.

That's kind of what Edmonton looked like the first few times they drafted in the top 3. Who knows... I understand he wants a top pick but the team doesn't have to be this bad to get it... I mean they're playing Florida - not some juggernaut.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

I'm not. Bad team whose best players for the most part are playing for a new coach/new system, wih new teammates. Captain is in his first year with the team, doesn't know his teammates all that well.

I said before the season started that the Sabres would be a trainweck for the first 20 games, at least. Bunch of guys getting used to playing both with each other and under a unfamiliar coach/system. They're still in the feeling out process. They'll be too buried in the standings by December for this season to matter for them, outside of the return they get to guys via trades and, of course, the draft.

ffayyca

Nov 6, 2010
The wings are just dominating the leafs. They may keep their playoff streak this year.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Zetterberg with 3 assists against the Leafs so far. Each one was a beautiful pass that was the direct cause of the goal.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
That's kind of what Edmonton looked like the first few times they drafted in the top 3. Who knows... I understand he wants a top pick but the team doesn't have to be this bad to get it... I mean they're playing Florida - not some juggernaut.

I wouldn't close the book on Edmonton just yet.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

If they don't trade one of their "golden boys" for help on that blue line sometime soon, I'm closing the book on them.

They are simply not a playoff team with the level of defense that that team is willing or able to play.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa

I gave up on that franchise years ago. I gave up around the same time TSN and all the hockey writers out there started doing annual "This is Edmonton's year to make the playoffs" segments/articles in the offseason and pre-season. At least they've all learned and we no longer get them saying/writing stuff like that.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I have no faith in their management, but their major young players will probably be good enough on their own to improve the team.

Maybe not into a Cup contender, but at least to make the playoffs.

Taylor Hall is just 22.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
the oils just need to play better, there's no excuse for this kind of stuff

AnxiousWelldocumentedLark.gif

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Time for the oilers to trade away all their stars and just sign a bunch of cheaps ufas. Probably would win more or at least the same amount of games. Despite what oiler fans say yak is very weak on the puck

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I doubt the league would let the Oil "win" this year's draft lottery. Not with McDavid being the biggest thing since Crosby.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
The Oilers are like a terrible movie thats so bad you cant stop watching it. Love that gong show goin on..

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
I can't believe Kevin Lowe is still a key part of that organization, they've needed a complete culture change for the past 4 years.

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
Man who cares if the Oilers get one of the two guys. As long as Buffalo doesn't its fine with me.

The Sabres will get one for sure. I've been following them a bit since I got shipped to Fort Erie. I went to the sabres game last night. Florida outshot them 16-3 in the first. It evened out a bit with some perimeter shots later on but Buffalo is one of the worst teams I have seen in years. They made the friggin Panthers look like a good team last night. I wouldn't be surprised if they finish with a worse record than last year. They are slow, soft and have 0 ability to get it out of their own end.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
All bad teams "just need to play better".

It's a question of how you get there. If it were that easy, the Oilers would have been good like 3 years ago.

That GIF is inexcusable though

It looks like AA hockey for crying out loud. They are paid professionals and don't know anything about defensive formations or assignements it seems

Players making mistakes is understandable, but this is just another level of complete failure because it's structural

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad