Around The League (Part X The Pre-Season)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Who's gonna facepunch for the leafs now?

@MapleLeafs: . @SportChek Player Alert: #Leafs place McLaren, Orr and Holzer on waivers. Nylander will been reassgined. #TMLtalk

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
Will they put Nylander in the AHL or will he go back to Sweden?

If he goes to Sweden can they recall him?

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Will they put Nylander in the AHL or will he go back to Sweden?

If he goes to Sweden can they recall him?

@TSNBobMcKenzie: The expectation is TOR's William Nylander will be reassigned to SWE but that has not yet been finalized.

Not sure about your question but probably not very likely anyway.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
@BlueJacketsNHL: #CBJ have agreed to terms with C Ryan Johansen on a 3-year contract. Official announcement to come.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: AAV on Johansen extension with CBJ is $4M.

@Aportzline: Johansen terms: $3M in 2014-15, $3M in 2015-16 and $6M in 2016-17.

Last edited:

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
@BlueJacketsNHL: #CBJ have agreed to terms with C Ryan Johansen on a 3-year contract. Official announcement to come.

Good deal - nice work by CBJ.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
That's... not too good for CBJ. AFter the contract, he is only 1 year from UFA. How many guys tried this and went to FA and the team got nothing.

Still hold his rights at the end of the deal, I say that's a good deal for all concerned.

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg
Still hold his rights at the end of the deal, I say that's a good deal for all concerned.

It could be win-win. Johansen if he keeps up with the level of play he showed last year will get paid a ton after the 3 years. CBJ will have been able to determine if he is worth that tons of money after the 3 years most likely as well and then lock him up long term.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat

That's a pretty good win for both sides. It's essentially a bridge contract allowing CBJ to retain negotiating rights with RyJo for his last year of RFA. So the worst that can happen is someone offer sheets him and they match. If that doesn't happen, then RyJo's next contract is essentially a full UFA contract from CBJ.

Plus there's a heck of a bonus in there for RyJo in that last year. Even if he stumbles tremendously over the next three years, he's still getting paid in year 3. Yeah the AAV is maybe less than he wanted but if he performs, he wins the lottery.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
That's a pretty good win for both sides. It's essentially a bridge contract allowing CBJ to retain negotiating rights with RyJo for his last year of RFA. So the worst that can happen is someone offer sheets him and they match. If that doesn't happen, then RyJo's next contract is essentially a full UFA contract from CBJ.

Plus there's a heck of a bonus in there for RyJo in that last year. Even if he stumbles tremendously over the next three years, he's still getting paid in year 3. Yeah the AAV is maybe less than he wanted but if he performs, he wins the lottery.

Actually the worse that can happen is that he pulls a Parise., elects arbitration takes the one year deal and leaves. There is some risk on here for the Blue Jackets.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario

It also means he gets a very sizeable qualifying offer in the last RFA year if I'm not mistaken.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Thank you Jets for coming back, because it's going to be a miserable year in Carolina... again.

Tlusty-EStaal-Semin
Gerbe-Rask-Lindholm
Malone-McClement-Brown
Terry-Nash-Dwyer

Injured - J. Staal (broken leg), Skinner (concussion).

Truth be told, however, this is likely a blessing in disguise for the franchise as surely this will put them in a prime position to potentially net one of McDavid or Eichel...

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Thank you Jets for coming back, because it's going to be a miserable year in Carolina... again.

Tlusty-EStaal-Semin
Gerbe-Rask-Lindholm
Malone-McClement-Brown
Terry-Nash-Dwyer

Injured - J. Staal (broken leg), Skinner (concussion).

Truth be told, however, this is likely a blessing in disguise for the franchise as surely this will put them in a prime position to potentially net one of McDavid or Eichel...

Ya, in some ways I envy the Canes. ;)

Losing those two fwds would be like losing Scheifele and Kane. We would be in a very tough spot if that was to happen, too.

If the Canes were to draft McDavid or Eichel, I wonder if we'll see them move the Staal brothers. Go with a younger team, featuring McDavid/Eichel and Lindholm up the middle and Fleury on d?

Wouldn't a Staals to Toronto for a package of Kessel, JVR +? be something the Toronto media could talk about for years. Maybe the leafs could sign Marc Staal to a crazy (Phaneuf like) contract as well. In many ways, I'd like to see it.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I hope that they go to the east if we don't get one of them. We already have MacKinnon, I don't want Eichel, McDavid, or Hannfin in the West as well. >_>

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Sportsnet ran a hockey video montage at the end of this morning's connected. Rad Jets Guy is in the montage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad