Around The League (Part X The Pre-Season)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Agreed, I think Boston made out like a bandit. Islander might regret that trade in the future if they can't sign JB. Basically the alteritive is a one year rental of JB, for 2-3 picks. Ouch

It's a risk either way. Like I said Boychuck is going to want an Orpik contract and he's 30. Short term gain may become long term pain for the Islanders.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Hey just between us girls on this board I watched 2 periods of the Leafs vs the Wings last night and Morgan a Rielly looked phenomenal. He was playing allot like Erik Karlsson does style wise as far as possession and driving the play. Detroit had a brutal game and it was the preseason and all but I think Rielly could have a big season.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Hey just between us girls on this board I watched 2 periods of the Leafs vs the Wings last night and Morgan a Rielly looked phenomenal. He was playing allot like Erik Karlsson does style wise as far as possession and driving the play. Detroit had a brutal game and it was the preseason and all but I think Rielly could have a big season.

I would like to redact this entire statement.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Who knew ps was a huge Leafs homer. I'll have to re-evaluate my opinion of him. :sarcasm: :D

Hey I was actually that bored that I tuned into the game. I was afraid to post how good he looked and will deny it when confronted by my nemesis Harrison Ford......hopefully my eyes were lying to me.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?

see this right here should be an infraction on HF :sarcasm:

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario

illallowit.gif

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
I Feel extremely bad for Skinner. Possibly great career ahead of him, but he's already very concussion prone at a young age. That doesn't bode well for the future.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I Feel extremely bad for Skinner. Possibly great career ahead of him, but he's already very concussion prone at a young age. That doesn't bode well for the future.

Yeah definitely feel bad for him. It's hard to say how hard he got hit there, but its not going to get any better. If I were him I'd seriously consider hanging em up.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
That is at least 3 concussions now. Brutal for a Skinner and the Canes.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Seriously, why do that? Forearm smash a guy in the face for zero purpose.

Skinner's short. I highly doubt Niskanen was targeting the head as he was looking at the puck.

You can tell by how easily he was concussed that this is a very serious situation. Who knows how effective of a player he will be after this.

Not to mention how he'll feel later in life. So sad, really.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Skinner's short. I highly doubt Niskanen was targeting the head as he was looking at the puck.

You can tell by how easily he was concussed that this is a very serious situation. Who knows how effective of a player he will be after this.

Not to mention how he'll feel later in life. So sad, really.

It would really suck if you were a Canes fan......this kid shredded it as an 18 year old and the future must have felt so bright. Feel really sorry for Jeff and his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad