Around the league part 2

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Jonathan Quick was something, man. Every time the guy made a huge save I jumped like we just scored a goal. He was amazing to watch. I'm really glad he's getting the recognition he deserves in the east. It's a damn crime that he doesn't have a Vezina.
When Quick was on top of his game he tracked the puck as well as any goalie I have seen in my lifetime.

Reactions: The Pale King

Rick Knickleback

May 18, 2022
Long Beach
. It's a damn crime that he doesn't have a Vezina.
One of the more unjust and frankly bizarre factoids of 21st-century hockey.

I’d equate it with Nolan Ryan not ever having won the Cy Young award. Ryan is probably higher up in the pitcher pantheon then quick is in the goalie pantheon, but they resemble each other in certain ways. Taciturn demeanor, all or nothing approach, physical freaks, and cold blooded in the biggest moments.

Kingfan1967

Oct 6, 2017
How much is Desmith going to return when Vancouver trades him, they can't keep all 3 now
Desmith 32
Demko 28
Silvos 23

fivehole32

Kicking rebounds to the slot
Jan 11, 2015
How much is Desmith going to return when Vancouver trades him, they can't keep all 3 now
Desmith 32
Demko 28
Silvos 23
DeSmith runs too hot or cold for me. He was exactly that way in Pittsburgh. I'd prefer Demko, but the hip/injury issues are concerning.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
It's official the Toronto Maple Leafs have finally decided on the 41st Head Coach in Franchise history, hiring Craig Berube.

419213.webp

Watching the Oilers get picked apart by the Canucks is fun to watch. As I've gotten older I've taken less joy in being a hater but I've relapsed. McDavid being held without a point in two of the five games is quite impressive. It's pretty amazing to see the contrast in how Vancouver is playing against the Oilers versus how the Kings did. They are just way more tenacious and aggressive in every aspect of the game. The Kings literally sat back and watched the Oilers (do something disrespectful to their <insert person you love here>) the whole series this year.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Meanwhile, the Kings are hard at work interviewing Ontario Reign assistant coaches and ticket staff

Just stop whining already. You know by league rules they can’t interview Bylsma until CV season is over. Disco Dan could have made it easy like Lappy did and not made a playoff run, now we have to wait to see who the most qualified former Chevy-logo King is to coach this team.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
I am still amazed with the reluctance from many here to trade for JT Miller, when it was rumored he was available last season.

The Kings probably win the division with Miller instead of PLD. He would have been the Kings most talented offensive player, and the guy plays with some edge too.

He has been very very impressive.
No team in the league wanted to take a chance on Miller. Word was the cost to acquire him was cheap and they were having locker room issues. Horvat ended up bringing them a pretty good haul instead.

Reactions: kingsfan28

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Not sure what the dislike towards Sturm is. He's been doing well in ontario , the player like him and he's coached most of the young guys. Or is this another "BLuc" thing?

I actually wouldn't mind Sturm on his own accord and didn't when they first brought him over for those reasons

It's a BLuc thing because anyone still under their shadow is playing by their rules, not their own. Hiller, Sturm, Hajt, they'd all be the same puppet with Luc's arm so far up their asses he could boop you on the other end

These guys need someone in the room that can actually verbalize the word "no" to them without being Wroblewski'ed

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I am still amazed with the reluctance from many here to trade for JT Miller, when it was rumored he was available last season.

The Kings probably win the division with Miller instead of PLD. He would have been the Kings most talented offensive player, and the guy plays with some edge too.

He has been very very impressive.
Why would we want to trade futures to have another old guy locked up to a long term contract? His deal takes him to 36 years old.

Reactions: ru4reals

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I definitely misread Miller's true ability but my bigger qualm with him was age

But again, sort of like seeing Eichel in retrospect, if I knew the org was gonna go full Centrum Silver, might as well have made those moves instead of PLD.

Reactions: SaltyElkHunter

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Was he forced out? that was a weird departure for sure.. never saw anything posted re the why
he travelled with the team to bako or somewhere then didn't coach the game then went on leave and that's about all there is as far as facts

no one said shit so it's probably a coinflip mental/physical health or meddling imo

Reactions: AbsentMojo

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
Pertinent quote for the brain trust:
"I feel like like ya gotta have big defensemen in the nhl if ya wanna win"
-mathew tkachuk
Upon qualifying for the eastern conference final

Reactions: AbsentMojo

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Pertinent quote for the brain trust:
"I feel like like ya gotta have big defensemen in the nhl if ya wanna win"
-mathew tkachuk
Upon qualifying for the eastern conference final

Maybe, but I got the feeling you didn't look at FLA's D compared to LA's D...the difference...isn't size.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
You once again show an inability to understand the difference between hurting and injuring

Note which one is used in the quote.

We're still proponents of big hits, making players look over their shoulders, and win the war of attrition. Not glorify the acts of chickenshit behavior.
What part of "take out" do you think means throwing just a hit? You know exactly what he's saying. Stop being obtuse. He's damn straight forward saying people are trying to take out one another for a competitive edge. Why are you hung up on the wording?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad