Around the league part 2

Kingfan1967

Oct 6, 2017
Carter doesnt get enough credit for the incredible hockey talent he is. They talk about 5 tool players and carter has about 8. I marvel at the the guys skating and defensive ability to go along with everything else. Certainly a blessed player and human being.
Some people complained when he was picked for the Olympics - he proved them wrong

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Either this team is "built for the playoffs" or they aren't and Blake is likely toast. You can't blame anything more on matchups or, more importantly, injuries. The team Blake supposedly envisioned will be taking the ice for game 1 and we will all find out soon enough.

Yup. Blake has exactly the team he designed available and ready for the playoffs. No more excuses.

I guess he can say we got PLD to play edmonton but that's the flimsiest of outs

Some people complained when he was picked for the Olympics - he proved them wrong

Carter AND Doughty too

only led canada in scoring lol one and two

f***ing east coasters, no offense to present company who know better

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
Yup. Blake has exactly the team he designed available and ready for the playoffs. No more excuses.

I guess he can say we got PLD to play edmonton but that's the flimsiest of outs

Carter AND Doughty too

only led canada in scoring lol one and two

f***ing east coasters, no offense to present company who know better

I'm pretty sure I uncharacteristically trolled that thread on the main board for their stupid take on Jeff Carter.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
Carter said in his farewell interview that he's staying in Pittsburgh and likely will find a job within the Pens org.

Sad; I would've liked him to have found a spot in LA doing something.
I'm still a little bitter they didn't keep Carter and Martinez (especially him, considering he went to a division rival). Both of these guys scored the Cup winning goals in each run and they weren't worth having around to school the new generation of players?

kingsholygrail

Insurmountable Leads 1-3
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I'm still a little bitter they didn't keep Carter and Martinez (especially him, considering he went to a division rival). Both of these guys scored the Cup winning goals in each run and they weren't worth having around to school the new generation of players?
The whole idea was the Kings were supposed to be rebuilding, so shedding assets that had value that wouldn't be around for it. Then they decided to stop rebuilding.

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
Carter didnt want to be here and i can see why. Alec i dont know but blake has proved, incredibly, over and over he doesnt know his ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to d men

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
The whole idea was the Kings were supposed to be rebuilding, so shedding assets that had value that wouldn't be around for it. Then they decided to stop rebuilding.
Which is one of my main critiques of Blake, his lack of vision (amongst other things). He could've just mimic'd DL's approach of bringing in capable vets that had won championships (who he already had in Carter, Williams, Martinez). Martinez is the one I'm still salty about because of the impact he had on Vegas. We badly needed a D-man like him at the time, only to see him go to a rival and be successful. Plus the way Vegas poached McNabb from us and reaped the benefits after the Kings developed him thru all his growing pains. The fact that he didn't go after O'Reilly shows how much Blake has strayed from DL's proven philosophy. Lombardi would have been ALL over ROR, but instead we get PLD and all his bullshit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Which is one of my main critiques of Blake, his lack of vision (amongst other things). He could've had just mimic'd DL's approach of bringing in capable vets that had won championships (who he already had in Carter, Williams, Martinez). Martinez is the one I'm still salty about because of the impact he had on Vegas. We badly needed a D-man like him at the time, only to see him go to a rival and be successful. The fact that he didn't go after O'Reilly shows how much Blake has strayed from DL's way, Lombardi would have been ALL over ROR, but instead we get PLD and all his bullshit.

JFC, can we have some FACTS in your speculation? How do you KNOW he didn't go after O'Reilly, how do you know O'Reilly would go anywhere NEAR LA?

I mean, I get it, Blake sucks donkey balls and all that, and I mean f***, how could he not gone after Kucherov and Dobson, let alone let William Nylander go and not make a play for him....

Right?

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
JFC, can we have some FACTS in your speculation? How do you KNOW he didn't go after O'Reilly, how do you know O'Reilly would go anywhere NEAR LA?

I mean, I get it, Blake sucks donkey balls and all that, and I mean f***, how could he not gone after Kucherov and Dobson, let alone let William Nylander go and not make a play for him....

Right?
Uh what? If I'm not mistaken, we traded for PLD before Summer free agency in late June. Blake didn't even have a chance to sign ROR because PLD and his shit contract were already a done deal.

Reactions: head eyes

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Uh what? If I'm not mistaken, we traded for PLD before Summer free agency in late June. Blake didn't even have a chance to sign ROR because PLD and his shit contract were already a done deal.

We did, but completely missed the point, you are assuming shit that you have NO idea is real or not, you are assumign that because they traded for PLD, they wouldn't/couldn't go after ROR, they could have, you are allowed to be over the cap, so you have no idea if they engaged or not, they still might have, but again you have NO knowledge if they did or not, OR if ROR would have even entertained the thought of coming to the WC, it's a two way street, BOTH parties need to agree, but yes, let's get pissed and petty at one side of the equation....I mean...of everything to be pissed over, and there are some, absolutely, THIS, to be pissed off at an IMAGINARY SCENARIO MADE UP IN YOUR HEAD....that takes the cake.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
They didn't get rid of enough of the Cup winners.

Sentiment cost this organization a decade of irrelevance. The players they kept to be the "leaders" were the ones who needed to be "led" in the first place. It was a terrible miscalculation in the face of all available evidence.

But I hope they enjoyed the come down that's still coming down just so we can celebrate mediocrity again.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Love or hate Doan, this is trashy of Coyotes management:

What a piece of shit organization. f*** the coyotes and I’m glad they’re leaving. That’s such pathetic display of respect to the one and only person who ever put coyotes in the eye of the league. Garbage humans and I hated doan, but this is the respect he gets for being the ONLY prominent player in the history of the organization? Disgraceful. Truly.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
personally i have a feeling it's more like a 3rd party hired to clean out the building not knowing/caring what it is that they're throwing out but yeah, one of those things you should probably put some effort into not losing

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I mean I hate local politics and Scottsdale and Phoenix are having a bitchy pillowfight, but Merulo comes out of this looking like a complete f***ing scumbag, right? I can't believe he woudl be linked to bringing them BACK to AZ. Unless Im missing something big.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Murelo is too busy counting the billion dollars he grifted off of the NHL to worry about the jersey of a player who never cashed one of his checks that luckily never bounced.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
I mean I hate local politics and Scottsdale and Phoenix are having a bitchy pillowfight, but Merulo comes out of this looking like a complete f***ing scumbag, right? I can't believe he woudl be linked to bringing them BACK to AZ. Unless Im missing something big.
The nhl couldn’t force him to sell his team. This is how they get rid of him. Pay him a shit ton of money and tell him he can come back if he has an arena built in 5 years. Chances of that happening are slim to none. Basically has to find land, get plans made and approved and break ground in 2 years or less. Fat chance.

Goes to show when you’re rich you can solve any problem with money. “31 of us hate you, here’s 700million to go away”

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
What a piece of shit organization. f*** the coyotes and I’m glad they’re leaving. That’s such pathetic display of respect to the one and only person who ever put coyotes in the eye of the league. Garbage humans and I hated doan, but this is the respect he gets for being the ONLY prominent player in the history of the organization? Disgraceful. Truly.
I would enjoy tearing down Blake's jersey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad