Around the league part 12: "Greiss is Green-er on the other Sedoff the Zaitsev"..

Status
Not open for further replies.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Lindholm passed his previous career high points total with his 1 goal, 2 assist night. Only took him 41 games. Now top 20 overall in points. Congrats Lindy for escaping the dumpster fire to resurrect your career!
I have watched a few Flames games this season. There is some truth to Lindholm benefitting from Gaudreau. But from what I have seen he is making both Gaudreau and Monahan better because he is the one on the line that does everything well (face-offs, transition, battling in corners) while Gaudreau is elite at stick-handling/ passing and Monahan is better at shooting.
I know you can't prove a counter-factual. I think Lindholm would be slightly less impressive, but still be having a career year, on a line either as the center or opposite winger with Svechnikov.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Lindholm passed his previous career high points total with his 1 goal, 2 assist night. Only took him 41 games. Now top 20 overall in points. Congrats Lindy for escaping the dumpster fire to resurrect your career!

While I understood the trade with Calgary, I hated to see Lindy go. I didn't want to pay him $5 million + per year but would have probably agreed to what he ended up getting. I think he unfairly took some of the blame for the "culture thing". He always seemed a hard worker who was mostly paired with guys with which he was incompatible. Good on him for stepping up...

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
it seems plausible that nikolay goldobin might be on the outs in vancouver. it seems that has been a place we've been connected to with faulk. what kind of deal would you guys find fair on that front? not sure they have comparable value. we'd need more back, but is it a basis for a deal to be made?
Legit top 4 dman for very mediocre third winger prospect?

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
it seems plausible that nikolay goldobin might be on the outs in vancouver. it seems that has been a place we've been connected to with faulk. what kind of deal would you guys find fair on that front? not sure they have comparable value. we'd need more back, but is it a basis for a deal to be made?
From what I have been reading from fans who watch Vancouver, Goldobin sounds like Skinner-lite. He can score a little, but infuriates the coaches with his effort in d-zone. Maybe those posters are overstating his shortcomings. If not, I don't see him working on RBA's team. Though any scoring would be helpful.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
I don’t know, he would be on his third team right? He hasn’t been a consistent scorer and it seems like Vancouver being a younger rebuilding team that he should be very much wanted. I don’t think I’d use Faulk for that one.

If we decided TVR was the one to go that would be more of a starting point to me.
Bleed, I think your original point was spot on....we have a guy that we can move....he's a pretty good to very, very good guy (depending on which RHD you're talking about). In no way, shape, or form should we move him for a guy like Goldobin. We need a sure-fire 50+ point guy coming back. Preferably a center, a guy with speed, and/or a guy with size. There are lots of options out there....just not a lot that other teams are willing to consider giving up.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
If they're going to shoot their shot with Faulk, I'd rather have a high pick (a 1st.) J.T. Miller is likely going to be a cap casualty in June. You want to leverage the defense for a Top 6 forward, there's the opportunity. An extra 1st, even in the 20s somewhere, puts the Canes in a better bidding position for him than trying to find a match with one of the non A-level young players in the organization.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
If we had swapped Zykov plus whatever for Goldobin it would make sense, or just something along those lines. We have plenty of guys we’re disappointed in too. I’d do a change of scenery trade.

Losing both Zykov and PDG has thinned the herd a bit with our depth. Probably not going to hurt anything but it’s curious a team that struggles as much as we do has just given up two more forwards for nothing after our summer. Just interesting. Forcing us to us Charlotte more is a good thing. Losing two former second round picks for nothing hurts a little.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Skinner's 2 goals from tonight were beaut's. ::sigh::

C'mon, are you talking about this low effort, lazy empty netter?

Not sure that there's a play that's more the antithesis of the Hurricanes system than that one. Drive to the center into traffic? Turnover risk. Can't let a player do that, they might get close shot through traffic, which could very easily bounce off an opposing player's body and lose possession. Clearly, not a team player. Why isn't he buying into our metrics?

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
LOL, really? C'mon. Two minutes for holding and call it a day.

One Canucks fan went on his Instagram and left a nasty comment on almost every single picture he’s posted.

Multiple others are tweeting George Parros demanding a suspension.

It’s hilarious. The way theyre calling Kotkaniemi a useless scrub you’d think this was Zac Rinaldo they’re talking about.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
One Canucks fan went on his Instagram and left a nasty comment on almost every single picture he’s posted.

Multiple others are tweeting George Parros demanding a suspension.

It’s hilarious. The way theyre calling Kotkaniemi a useless scrub you’d think this was Zac Rinaldo they’re talking about.

Meanwhile the Canucks head coach comments to Sportsnet that it wasn't even a penalty.

This is what Canucks coach Travis Green told reporters in Montreal about the play: “I’ve watched it a lot of times. First of all, it’s not a dirty play by their player at all. (Pettersson) gets hooked a little bit. Petey actually pushes back on him, leans back and probably tries to give a little bit of a reverse hit, and two young guys fall to the ice. It’s not a penalty.”

Stupid Sportsnet articles with vids are unlinkable on HF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad