Raleigh, NC
pvZ76AxjAZgbgcolxmEsKq5uGbxv2ApREfJ0k07IfwM.jpg

hahahaha.

#Ghengis

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Karlson to me never really came back from that nasty injury he had. I’ve heard him make jokes a couple of times about not doing “all that crazy stuff I used to do”. To me he clearly is on the back 9, and while his 80% is still better than just about anyone I really don’t think a max contract is a good idea for anyone to sign him to.

I would’ve signed Doughty first but that guy has been in the grind since he was 18 and while he hasn’t slowed down much (or at all) I’d still be a little uneasy about signing him for 8 years too.

I’m all for 5 year max deals.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Karlson to me never really came back from that nasty injury he had. I’ve heard him make jokes a couple of times about not doing “all that crazy stuff I used to do”. To me he clearly is on the back 9, and while his 80% is still better than just about anyone I really don’t think a max contract is a good idea for anyone to sign him to.

I would’ve signed Doughty first but that guy has been in the grind since he was 18 and while he hasn’t slowed down much (or at all) I’d still be a little uneasy about signing him for 8 years too.

I’m all for 5 year max deals.
There were two terrible injuries he sustained, one was the Matt Cooke-induced Achilles in I want to say 2013? That one he fully recovered from. During the nice playoff run two years ago, there were a couple of injuries to the same foot. That entire year was the best all around I’ve ever seen him play. Offensively he was great, defensively you just never saw him lose a battle. He was unreal. And in the playoffs, his foot was so broken...really an amazing run of hockey for him.

According to him, he still skates differently and probably will never get back to the same type of stride.

He is one of my all time favorites, and yet if I was GM, I would have had massive reservations over an 8 year extension.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
I find the best way to have “hot takes” is to go hang around the main board and watch for the things that everyone agrees with. Disagree with them and around here you’ll often look like a genius.

Players and things in general are rarely as bad as they seem on the main board.

Or around here for that matter!
3c6fccc6de2055cae131966656b87a8e.jpg

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Hey, you know the Jets we just had trouble scoring on?

They just blew a 4-1 3rd period lead against the Oilers. And then lost in OT

It's funny but it's three days short of the second anniversary of that happening to TML against WPG in the first Matthews-Laine match-up.

Damn McDavid wanted to make a statement about them upstarts (not a hatter though).

Dishface

Registered Jerk
Sep 27, 2013
Kenosha, WI
We've lost two in a row and are still number one in the division. I know that's only really by virtue of having played more games but still
We were on the opposite end last year and we couldn't capitalize on the extra games. There is no guaranteed points because you have games in hand. It's nice being on top for once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad