Tidbits: Around the League: NHL News - 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

pfunk

Jul 1, 2019

Really didn’t want to see a contract like this get signed before Gus got done. Hope this doesn’t come to fruition.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010

Really didn’t want to see a contract like this get signed before Gus got done. Hope this doesn’t come to fruition.

Why? It’s not like Gus can say he deserves that much because he won the Stanley Cup…

pfunk

Jul 1, 2019
Wouldn't that be an UFA contract? Not really a direct comparison for Gus.
You’re right. I was thinking he was RFA as well but he is UFA. Still think 4.9 AAV is high for his career body of work, but I guess winning the cup gets you a bump.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Am I missing something with the trades that involved Chucky and Foligno (the other one) pending UFA rights as parts of bigger trades?

Is it a roster limit, paper trade or something?

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Am I missing something with the trades that involved Chucky and Foligno (the other one) pending UFA rights as parts of bigger trades?

Cap reasons for Boston, at least from what I've gathered.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

I gather, at least with the Foligno situation, it may be about Chicago wanting to talk to Foligno for the next week before he goes to UFA. I don't know of any other benefit Boston receives to include him.

Where I get tripped up on that is why Nashville would want to talk to Galchenyuk.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I gather, at least with the Foligno situation, it may be about Chicago wanting to talk to Foligno for the next week before he goes to UFA. I don't know of any other benefit Boston receives to include him.

Where I get tripped up on that is why Nashville would want to talk to Galchenyuk.
Didn’t NSH let him walk already?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad