Around the League LXXVI - The Annual Leafs Collapse Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Well with EJ out for up to two months you can cross the Avalanche off the rebound list for a final playoff spot. Their defense went from bad to hideous. Also amazing how my fantasy team just got absolutely shredded over a weekend where no games were played with EJ and Okposo now out.

lush

@jasonlush
Sep 9, 2008
Vancouver
Well with EJ out for up to two months you can cross the Avalanche off the rebound list for a final playoff spot. Their defense went from bad to hideous. Also amazing how my fantasy team just got absolutely shredded over a weekend where no games were played with EJ and Okposo now out.

I have EJ and Okposo on my fantasy team as well which just seems random. Rough weekend I agree

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012

time for the avalanche to pick up another top 3 pick

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
So where is the pre-game thread at? Am I just blind or can a mod go ahead and make that? I heard on 1040 that Kassian was doing drills with the Sedins today but it sounds like they are just giving Vrbata the day off.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
Is it confirmed that National Teams wont be able to grab players 23 and under for the tournament, or is it going to be a "Best of the Rest" under 23?

I do love the idea of a Rest of Europe and Young Stars team for the World Cup. Something different and unique to allow more of the games best to play against each other. It's not traditional, which generally causes angst in the hockey world, but the non-traditional aspect of it is why I am so excited.

fully agree it's an exciting twist.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Not like the jets need any good luck but they get the pens without malkin, crosby, and letang.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Mike Richards is still a very good hockey player, not worth his contract, but still a solid #2c (people will disagree i am sure), and at worse a #3 C on a bad team.

He's terrible. Only way he becomes a 2C again is in beer leagues, and even then...

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck

Not much of a surprise. Edmonton should seriously try to acquire him (with LA retaining a chunk of his cap hit) even if he isn't that good anymore.

Win One Before I Die

Cautious Optimism
Jul 31, 2007
No idea what happened to Richards. I doubt he will be horrible forever. Him and Carter were moved out of Philli because they were partying to hard (I heard this awhile back not sure if its true). I wonder if the same issue is still bogging him down. He has 2 Stanley cups and a ton of money. Not sure what else he needs to do in his hockey career besides make more money. Could be a motivation thing... you don't simply just forget all your skill especially during the peak years of being a hockey player.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
No idea what happened to Richards. I doubt he will be horrible forever. Him and Carter were moved out of Philli because they were partying to hard (I heard this awhile back not sure if its true). I wonder if the same issue is still bogging him down. He has 2 Stanley cups and a ton of money. Not sure what else he needs to do in his hockey career besides make more money. Could be a motivation thing... you don't simply just forget all your skill especially during the peak years of being a hockey player.

Maybe the Oilers should've claimed him; their 1st round picks need a good role model like Richards. He'll show them how to party every night.:laugh:

KeninsFan

Fire Benning already
Feb 6, 2012

A Raffi Torres playstyle in a Kyle Wellwood body is what happened.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.

Not much of a surprise. Edmonton should seriously try to acquire him (with LA retaining a chunk of his cap hit) even if he isn't that good anymore.

5 more years for a guy whose heart doesn't seem as into as he used to be? could be brilliant or might just be the kind of brilliant implosion only Edmonton can do.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
A Raffi Torres playstyle in a Kyle Wellwood body is what happened.

I don't buy this at all. He's only a few pounds lighter than Kesler and Toews, and he hasn't actually missed much time due to injury. He's only missed 10+ games back in 2006-07, and 15 more games outside of that particular season. He's been very durable by any standard, and yet he's been relegated to bus rides.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
I don't buy this at all. He's only a few pounds lighter than Kesler and Toews, and he hasn't actually missed much time due to injury. He's only missed 10+ games back in 2006-07, and 15 more games outside of that particular season. He's been very durable by any standard, and yet he's been relegated to bus rides.

If LA were willing to eat a good portion of his salary, and offer some incentive (pick/prospect) to take him on I'd be more than happy to pick him up...I think there is still mileage left in that tank.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
If LA were willing to eat a good portion of his salary, and offer some incentive (pick/prospect) to take him on I'd be more than happy to pick him up...I think there is still mileage left in that tank.

Anything else they can do for you?

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
kreider skates directly into halak, you would think he would realize people are onto him running goalies but he continues to do it, isles powerplay coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad