Around the League LXXVI - The Annual Leafs Collapse Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toxic0n

We are all mumps
Dec 10, 2008
Tank nation
Now that Richards has cleared waivers, can't LA use that cap space, call him up for the playoffs and go over the cap? Or am I mistaken? Could be a decent move for them.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
They probably just wanted to see if there was a team out there who would take him off their hands. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets called back up as it's not really saving them any cap unless his replacement makes less than $925k and he's still a decent bottom-6 player.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Now that Richards has cleared waivers, can't LA use that cap space, call him up for the playoffs and go over the cap? Or am I mistaken? Could be a decent move for them.

If it was that simple then high cap garbage players would be on waivers all the time.

NHL got it right with only allowing 925k of relief for a player in the minors—punish teams for dumb decisions.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Alex Edler is not an offensive blue liner, he was spoon fed time with the Sedins and given first unit power play time with the best power play unit in the league, that's why he produced so much in 2011 and 2012. Edler is playing the best hockey of his life right now so there's really nothing to complain about.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Alex Edler is not an offensive blue liner, he was spoon fed time with the Sedins and given first unit power play time with the best power play unit in the league, that's why he produced so much in 2011 and 2012. Edler is playing the best hockey of his life right now so there's really nothing to complain about.

Hey, we're canuck fans we will always complain!

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
until we win the cup...then i won't complain for a whole three months until the new season starts again

I have faith that we will find something to complain about within two weeks of the Canucks winning the cup. We are a seasoned group with lots of experience under pressure :laugh:

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
The Canucks were Martin Brodeur's kryptonite. For his career against us he had a 6-12 record, with a 2.86 GAA and a .878 SVP. By far the highest GAA and worst SVP than against any other team in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad