Around the League LXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmer44

Mar 3, 2006
Van City
I scoffed when I read that Nyquist's goal looked like a prime Burke had scored it.

That was the closest thing I've seen to a Bure goal since Bure.

That was amazing, but you can really see how terrible of a skater Chara is. Nyquist may have just cost Chara the Norris :sarcasm:

Wetcoaster

David McGuffin ‏@mcguffindavid
#sens should try swapping them for a game RT @Deadspin Paul MacLean's doppelganger is back:
BkTNhG2IIAAUVc9.png

Wetcoaster

Last summer (August 10, 2013) while home in Vancouver Evander Kane was investigated on an assault complaint by VPD but charges were not laid.

Vancouver police confirmed that officers investigated the incident in question, but no charges were laid.

"Given the circumstances of the incident there were no arrests made and there was insufficient evidence to support or recommend any criminal charges," a spokesperson stated in an email.​

The complainant has now filed a civil law suit.

In a notice of civil claim filed on March 28 with the B.C. Supreme Court, the man alleges that he was attacked by Kane while heading home from work on Aug. 10, 2013 near the corner of Burrard Street and Barclay Street in Vancouver.

The man claims he suffered a concussion and various injuries to the head, neck, shoulders, back, chest, ribs, left leg and heel as a result of the alleged incident.

The man is seeking unspecified damages as well as compensation for past and future health-care costs and legal costs.

"The plaintiff's injuries have and will continue to cause him suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, permanent physical disability, loss of earning capacity, past and future, and loss of housekeeping capacity, past and future," the civil claim reads in part.

It adds, "The plaintiff has suffered ongoing physical and emotional injuries, including injury to his feelings, dignity, pride, and self-respect in all aspects of his personal and vocational pursuits."​
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...-faces-lawsuit-over-alleged-assault-1.2596737

Wetcoaster

NHL Public Relations ‏@PR_NHL
Thursday's clinching scenarios for the @NHLBruins (top record in Eastern Conference) and @Penguins (Division title).
BkTfQAkIAAAxcsm.jpg

So when do the Canucks clinch the Presidents' Trophy???

Dana Murzyn

Oct 5, 2005
Detroit's perpetually good decision-making and total lack of dysfunction is starting to get straight up unbearable.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Detroit's perpetually good decision-making and total lack of dysfunction is starting to get straight up unbearable.

Yeah like that perfect older sibling, getting straight A's on the honour roll captain of the team, got three degrees for. Queens on scholarship, I just wrecked the car once... Er a I mean not that I am projecting.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華

And some Wings fans dared call for Holland's head when the team wasn't doing as well earlier in the year. They had a bout of Affluenza, I suppose.

Wetcoaster

And some Wings fans dared call for Holland's head when the team wasn't doing as well earlier in the year. They had a bout of Affluenza, I suppose.
Luckily for Holland he also had a good coach not pushed on him by ownership.

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
If Detroit wants to fire either Holland or Babcock.. oh, who are we kidding? Even if they ever did, there's no way either would ever come to this ****-show.

Wetcoaster

If Detroit wants to fire either Holland or Babcock.. oh, who are we kidding? Even if they ever did, there's no way either would ever come to this ****-show.
Ken Holland is a BC boy born in Vernon and played for the Vernon Vipers.

And Mike Babcock played a season of junior with the Kelowna Wings in 1982–83.

Wetcoaster

Luongo had his bell rung by the 'Canes Radek Dvořák a week ago and left the game.

[NHL]588388[/NHL]

George Richards ‏@GeorgeRichards
#FlaPanthers Roberto Luongo says he was diagnosed with slight concussion...says symptoms are gone, could go Friday

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Not Chicago or Boston.
Certainly not LA or San Jose.
Not Pittsburgh.
If Gillis still wants to trade Kesler, I want Anaheim to crash and fail embarrassingly. Otherwise, I'm neutral on them.

Underdogs are always fun to cheer, but usually don't last too long.

I'm pretty neutral otherwise. I won't bandwagon a team, but the above decisions usually provide me with a team to cheer for in each series. Regardless, there should be some good series all around this year. If St. Louis matches up with Minnesota round 1, then it will be the fewest heavily defensive series in a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad