Around the League LXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
A man of my own heart! I usually cheer for the team I hate the least. Not a lot of those left but since some of my good friends are insufferable Bruins and Hawks fans I take special delight in them losing.

will you cheer for team like Red Wings and Lighting I think they are consider not favourite to win it all

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
will you cheer for team like Red Wings and Lighting I think they are consider not favourite to win it all

There's a lot to like in Tampa, and seeing Detroit rip up the east on crutches would be fun, so I'd probably cheer for those two in their series.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

I tend to cheer more against certain teams than for teams at least at the start. Then there is usually a team that captures my imagination. I'm probably in the minority but I often end up cheering for the Penguins just because I enjoy watching Crosby and Malkin. If I stay off of HF Boards I may even latch onto the Habs who are a pretty entertaining team except for their fans. TBay and Detroit as you say could also be ones that I bandwagon.

In some strange way when the Canucks are out, I enjoy the hockey even more as I just watch to see the skill and don't get as stressed out with the results. I'm a pretty nervous watcher when the Canucks are in the playoffs.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
There's a lot to like in Tampa, and seeing Detroit rip up the east on crutches would be fun, so I'd probably cheer for those two in their series.

it would be bittersweet for Lighting to defeat the Ranger to show MSL that he wanting to leave was a mistake.......I think Detriot should be consider a threat to the top seeds Boston and Pit

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
@riddickbowe·14 mins
If the @MapleLeafs lose tonight I challenge Zdeno Chara to a hockey fight at Dundas Square. Ill bust that big man up #BoweLeafsBowe

Geeze the newly found Leafs super fan is quite the crazy man.

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
Can't believe I'm cheering for the Bruins, but I'd love to see them drive a dagger through the heart of Leafs Nation on a nationally televised TSN game.

Dreger will be choking back tears while trying to do the panel.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Can't believe I'm cheering for the Bruins, but I'd love to see them drive a dagger through the heart of Leafs Nation on a nationally televised TSN game.

I got cable just in time for that moment. :)

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

It's my one joy left in this depressing season.
Go Brad! Go get em Milan!:)

B-rock

Jun 29, 2003
Vancouver

LOL. The sooner the Leafs jettison Nonis, perhaps the sooner Dreger packs his bags...with his cousin gone, I don't imagine he's got too much inside information.

I would also hazard a guess that would be the end of Nonis in a GM position for possibly forever. I can't imagine another team bringing him on, to drive them into desolation.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Post of the day from the Clam on the Leaf's game day thread:

"I'll reserve my opinion of this team until after 60 minutes. The Leafs are equivalent to a bi-polar girlfriend who put's out time to time. Sometimes they surprise you, other times they have you looking at your right hand."

I burst out laughing at this one!:laugh:

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
LOL. The sooner the Leafs jettison Nonis, perhaps the sooner Dreger packs his bags...with his cousin gone, I don't imagine he's got too much inside information.

I would also hazard a guess that would be the end of Nonis in a GM position for possibly forever. I can't imagine another team bringing him on, to drive them into desolation.

I'll bet he has a role with the Flames with his patron Burke once hes axed from toronto

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
JVR with his 30th....wow. Can't believe I'm cheering for the Leafs!

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
why is Teuvo Teravainen not in the hawks lineup when both Toews and Kane are out......

Only one person knows why

th

Some speculation the Hawks don't want to run up his games because of ELC stuff ,, I don't buy that

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
why is Teuvo Teravainen not in the hawks lineup when both Toews and Kane are out......

"Centers Teuvo Teravainen and Michal Handzus will be healthy scratches tonight for the Blackhawks as they take on the Wild at the United Center, coach Joel Quenneville said."

As for Teravainen, Quenneville said the rest of the season will be a "good education" for the 19-year-old.

"I think you grow with time and experience with how to put yourself in a position where you're not vulnerable. You play to your strengths and you start learning the league and players as well and you become more familiar with where to go in certain situations."

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
"Centers Teuvo Teravainen and Michal Handzus will be healthy scratches tonight for the Blackhawks as they take on the Wild at the United Center, coach Joel Quenneville said."

yeah but with Toews/Kane out and center depth is not great...they should have put TT in the lineup just to see if he can a bigger role

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad