Around the League LIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Outside99*

Galchenyuk and Gallagher are very impressive, Galchenyuk is bigger than I thought, Gallagher looks like he just turned 16. :laugh:

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Wtf... Ottawa just got robbed of a goal in Montreal on invisible goalie interference.

Worse call i have seen in a while. Well at least since Seguin's goal was disallowed last night. The NHL needs to make a rule keeping goaltending inside the crease. Players should not have to look out for the goalie when he is out above the top of the crease.

Blue Suede Shoes

hound dog
May 5, 2012
5 of 19 is a lot more impressive than 5 of 27, especially considering one is a year older. Let's see how he does when Vanek cools down to his usual pace rather than the ridiculous 19 points in 8 games.

Both his assists are second assists, and both assists pass through Vanek before scoring.

On the other hand, I want Cody to do well. It would be a testiment to our drafting under Gillis.

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
5 of 19 is a lot more impressive than 5 of 27, especially considering one is a year older. Let's see how he does when Vanek cools down to his usual pace rather than the ridiculous 19 points in 8 games.

Seems a bit silly to give Hodgson little or no credit for how Vanek is playing while putting all the defensive problems (largely driven by statistical anomaly) on Hodgson, doesn't it?

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Drew Shore his first NHL point.

If the Nucks move Luongo to Florida I really like Shore as a 3rd line center of the future. 65%+ faceoffs so far this year.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Seems a bit silly to give Hodgson little or no credit for how Vanek is playing while putting all the defensive problems (largely driven by statistical anomaly) on Hodgson, doesn't it?

Does it? Vanek is scoring with and without Hodgson. Hodgson not so much. Hodgson meanwhile is the main defensive presence on his line considering he's a center. The fact is that the truth is somewhere in the middle, both in GA and points.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Sabres need a full front-office cleansing. Fire Regier, Ruff and assistants. I don't see any other way forward for them.

B-rock

Jun 29, 2003
Vancouver
Sabres need a full front-office cleansing. Fire Regier, Ruff and assistants. I don't see any other way forward for them.

Agreed. How has Ruff managed to get a tenured position in Buffalo despite the fact that he's done jack in terms of playoff success?

StringerBell

Steve Bernier with 2 goals in the last 4 minutes for NJ to go up 2-0 against the Isles. Maybe he's finally starting to break out? :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad