Around the League LIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Outside99*

Montreal places A.Palushaj on waivers. Anyone know much about this guy? I thought he was supposed to have good potential at one point.

Was called up a couple of times and did not distinguish himself in any way. Looks like an AHLer to me.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
The way Skinner skates is just magical. You can really see his figure skating roots in the way he uses his edges and his unorthodox dangling.

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
This Frattin kid is looking good. Wonder if Gillis had him in his sights in the potential Luongo deal? Won't be as easy to get him now...

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
This Frattin kid is looking good. Wonder if Gillis had him in his sights in the potential Luongo deal? Won't be as easy to get him now...

great start. not sure he can keep up his 50%+ shooting percentage though.

Semin though is going along nicely too, ppg only 1 goal though, should improve from 3% s%.

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
I'm willing to bet $10,000 that he can't. :laugh: At the pace that he's accumulating shots, he'll be stuck at 5 goals for the rest of the season.

He probably won't be stuck at 5 goals for another week. The guy has been a ridiculously efficient goalscorer over the last 3 years.

Have to wonder if he's a better player than David Booth at this point. Similar skillsets.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
He probably won't be stuck at 5 goals for another week. The guy has been a ridiculously efficient goalscorer over the last 3 years.

25% is about the max sustainable shooting percentage over the course of the season and is something none of those players were ever able to repeat. There's usually one guy that does that a season. Assuming that Frattin can achieve that 25% he'll be looking at finishing the year with 18 goals. If he's more like a 15% shooter, which is still remarkably good, then he'll be looking at about 11 goals this year.

That said, I was mostly joking about him being stuck at 5 goals but he's certainly not shooting enough to keep up this type of goal production or anything close to it.

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
25% is about the max sustainable shooting percentage over the course of the season and is something none of those players were ever able to repeat. There's usually one guy that does that a season. Assuming that Frattin can achieve that 25% he'll be looking at finishing the year with 18 goals. If he's more like a 15% shooter, which is still remarkably good, then he'll be looking at about 11 goals this year.

That's if he shows no signs of improvement and isn't afforded more quality icetime. Wouldn't bet on those things happening...

I also wouldn't be surprised if he consistently posts a higher than average shooting %. His goalscoring output has been tremendous over the last few years and absurd since turning pro.

If Frattin shoots 15% from here on out he would finish with a 27G/82GP pace. Not too shabby.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
That's if he shows no signs of improvement and isn't afforded more quality icetime. Wouldn't bet on those things happening...

I also wouldn't be surprised if he consistently posts a higher than average shooting %. His goalscoring output has been tremendous over the last few years and absurd since turning pro.

I already outlined cases that are far above the average shooting %. He's not going to be the first player ever to sustainably score 25% or even more than that. It's just not going to happen. He was a 20% shooter in the AHL, he won't be better than that now.

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
I already outlined cases that are far above the average shooting %. He's not going to be the first player ever to sustainably score 25% or even more than that. It's just not going to happen. He was a 20% shooter in the AHL, he won't be better than that now.

I don't think anyone has said this is a guy that will average 40 even strength goals a year.

What you're not factoring in is potential PP time and the ability to generate more shots on net with better linemates and increased icetime. Frattin generated a lot of shots at the AHL level. He has zero PP goals this season...

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
I don't think anyone has said this is a guy that will average 40 even strength goals a year.

What you're not factoring in is potential PP time and the ability to generate more shots on net with better linemates and increased icetime. Frattin generated a lot of shots at the AHL level. He has zero PP goals this season...

It's hard to see him getting much better at his age. Better icetime/situations though will definately help. OTOH higher up the food chain the bigger the sharks you get matched up again.

Scottrockztheworld*

Was y2k not calling him a 4th liner... he sure has an eye for 4th liners. Kassian, Frattin :sarcasm:

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
The Leafs' board is classic tonight. :laugh:

Whatever fun we've had with them over Burke, the horrible reality is sinking in over there that Nonis is now in charge. It's always such a laugh to see the offseason fervor they work themselves into wearing off, followed by the slow, sinking sensation of unpleasant reality taking hold.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
The Leafs' board is classic tonight. :laugh:

Whatever fun we've had with them over Burke, the horrible reality is sinking in over there that Nonis is now in charge. It's always such a laugh to see the offseason fervor they work themselves into wearing off, followed by the slow, sinking sensation of unpleasant reality taking hold.

Is it ever NOT a classic? :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad