Around the League: It Smells Like Hockey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
The Leafs coverage dominate those networks, just ask any other fan base from Canada. You're upset because guys that the Networks hire aint all leaf fans?

There is a difference between not being a leafs fan and spending 30 minutes talking about how much Matthews want to go back to Arizona. Which is what happened on Hockey Central yesterday.

Reactions: stickty111

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
There is a difference between not being a leafs fan and spending 30 minutes talking about how much Matthews want to go back to Arizona. Which is what happened on Hockey Central yesterday.
the poster just likes to complain that Leafs fans are too hyped about the team, and then criticizes people that say Leafs get a lot of hate.
When the truth is there are a lot of people that attack the Leafs, and no it doesnt mean fans are upset because every network doesnt have Leafs fans.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Man, the Oilers are so poorly run. Kind of feel sympathetic at this point. Overpaid Drai, got rid of all of their secondary scoring and their D managed to be worse than ours. They're spending to the cap and still have Lucic on the books. Insane. Good timing that Tavares contract ends around the same time as McDavid's ;)

Reactions: Trawna Phan

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Man, the Oilers are so poorly run. Kind of feel sympathetic at this point. Overpaid Drai, got rid of all of their secondary scoring and their D managed to be worse than ours. They're spending to the cap and still have Lucic on the books. Insane. Good timing that Tavares contract ends around the same time as McDavid's ;)
wouldn't that be amazing if the hockey gods could make that happen...........

Reactions: Apotheosis

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017

Overpaying Draisaitl really isn't that big an issue. They decided to pay Lucic and Russell a lot of money.

Their defence is also extremely overrated and they got extremely unlucky with Sekera's injury issues.

Just noticed that Russell has an NMC. That's going to be a huge problem in the expansion draft.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Overpaying Draisaitl really isn't that big an issue. They decided to pay Lucic and Russell a lot of money.

Their defence is also extremely overrated and they got extremely unlucky with Sekera's injury issues.

Just noticed that Russell has an NMC. That's going to be a huge problem in the expansion draft.

My main gripe is the rainbow coloured glasses they had when PC was hired. I straight up said, that Boston team was built majority by the GM before him. Oilers fans en masse said I was hating just because McDavid was an Oiler and not a Leaf. Now they're years from competitiveness and McDavid could just as easily pull a Tavares and opt out in his prime.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017

I think you miss heard something, there is no way they were saying "Matthews wants to go back to Arizona" ... anything about the Leafs is good ratings $$$

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
My main gripe is the rainbow coloured glasses they had when PC was hired. I straight up said, that Boston team was built majority by the GM before him. Oilers fans en masse said I was hating just because McDavid was an Oiler and not a Leaf. Now they're years from competitiveness and McDavid could just as easily pull a Tavares and opt out in his prime.

everyone should be able to tell you that it was the acting GM at the time. he was the one who did all the drafting.. the only good things Chia did for that team was accept Burke's stupidity (and then gave it away). and brought in Chara. i remember people wanted him here, and i said we'd be lucky if that didn't happen because Chia wasn't good at all.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

No they didn’t say that at all. Not at all.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
The funny thing is, it’s pretty clear Matthews loves being in the spotlight - ie does all these fashion magazine stuff and what not. While I’m sure he will always have a sentimental spot for his home state, he knows he won’t get nearlybthr amount of focus on that team (also they’re garbage).

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
McBackup with 2 goals let in on 10 shots tonight so far, yeeesh.

Conversely pretty lousy for the Wild to have only 10 shots after 2 period

Edit: 3 goals let in on 13 shots.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I was hoping Calgary would be better this year. From the bits I’ve seen they’ve been rather meh.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Dallas got 30 shots on goal in the 2nd against the Ducks.
Carlyle up to his old tricks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad