Around the League - Is it Playoffs Yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
With the way Ottawa is trending they could all be without Karlsson, Hoffman, and Duchene in the next year and a half

L.O.L.

It will be interesting to see what Mark Stone's new contract will be like.

Reactions: Lilou

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
With the way Ottawa is trending they could all be without Karlsson, Hoffman, and Duchene in the next year and a half

L.O.L.

It really seems like Melnyk is becoming delusional. If the attendance is bad now, wait until when the team is depleted of any stars...total darkness coming.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Panthers win again.

Capitals look like they are in playoffs mode early this year.

Yes, the Panthers have gained momentum and have been winning. They've been getting good goal production (6 games with 6 goals or greater). Dadenov with a hat trick last night. Would think a few would be surprised by that.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Yes, the Panthers have gained momentum and have been winning. They've been getting good goal production (6 games with 6 goals or greater). Dadenov with a hat trick last night. Would think a few would be surprised by that.

I have seen maybe 3 games recently with Panthers and was surprised Dadanov wasn't scoring more based on watching him play. Maybe he's taken this long to adjust to the NHL. Really smooth skater and seems to have a decent shot. Looks like those 5 years in the KHL taught him something.

Last edited:

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto

L.O.L.

The best part is the Duchene deal involves a conditional 1st, if the 2018 pick is top 10 then the Avs acquire the Sens 2019 pick. With the way the team is trending itll likely be even higher.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
How is the expansion draft setting up for the Leafs?

All their young players are going to have to be protected, so do they over-ripen some of the kids on the Marlies so they don't have to be protected?

When do we think 2020 for the Seattle expansion draft?

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
I have seen maybe 3 games recently with Panthers and was surprised Dadanov wasn't scoring more based on watching him play. Maybe he's taken this long to adjust to the NHL. Really smooth skater and seems to have a decent shot. Looks like those 5 years in the KHL taught him something.

Dadenov has been scoring in the Florida games that I have watched (3 games in last 2 - 3 weeks). Might just be a coincidence though.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
How is the expansion draft setting up for the Leafs?

All their young players are going to have to be protected, so do they over-ripen some of the kids on the Marlies so they don't have to be protected?

When do we think 2020 for the Seattle expansion draft?

We were set up wonderfully for Vegas, unfortunately not likely as much for Seattle. Imagine we'll have to toss a future pick or prospect their way to steer clear of someone we'd not like to lose. Still early though.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
We were set up wonderfully for Vegas, unfortunately not likely as much for Seattle. Imagine we'll have to toss a future pick or prospect their way to steer clear of someone we'd not like to lose. Still early though.
Yeah I think it was kinda a perfect storm where we didn't have to protect as much due to the age of our main players. Seattle comes in, I'm betting we'll have a much tougher time seeing who to protect.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Yep, Leafs lost no one to Vegas. Okay, they did lose a prospect and he has played 40+ games scoring a couple goals and some assists but he wouldn't be on the Leafs, nor likely to be on the Leafs.

7 forwards
3 defensemen
1 goalie

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Yep, Leafs lost no one to Vegas. Okay, they did lose a prospect and he has played 40+ games scoring a couple goals and some assists but he wouldn't be on the Leafs, nor likely to be on the Leafs.

7 forwards
3 defensemen
1 goalie

Wing was our area of strength and every team lost someone. Going 7-3-1 seems like a realistic plan at the moment. We might have to have a somewhat intriguing name unprotected as some teams did this time around per the rules, but I'd expect that player wouldn't actually be available.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Yeah I think it was kinda a perfect storm where we didn't have to protect as much due to the age of our main players. Seattle comes in, I'm betting we'll have a much tougher time seeing who to protect.

Tough to do sometimes, but we'd have to be mindful of not having anyone with a NMC that we'd want to expose as that can potentially throw a wrench into things.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
St. Louis swooning badly now...not a good time of the year to be playing your worse hockey...4-0 lost to Nashville today.

Jyrki Lumme

Generational User
Mar 5, 2014
Boston down 2-0 vs Buffalo after looking very unimpressive against us last night. Would be hilarious if they fell back down to earth in time for the playoffs.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Hoping some of these trades and signings the Bruins made f*** up their chemistry.

Down 3-1 to the Sabs, me likey.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Sabres leading 3-1 after 2...Lets see if they hand the Bruins the game like Edmonton did last week.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
The Leafs broke the Bruins.

Nash looks decent in close around the net but in transition he sucks. He's slower than JvR lol.

Reactions: Pyromaniac

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Sabres leading 3-1 after 2...Lets see if they hand the Bruins the game like Edmonton did last week.

Buffalo is garbage but they should be able to close this out. Even Buffalo is faster than the Bruins BTW. It's crazy. Boston has like two grinders who can skate fast and Pastrnak. Leafs have speed to burn on pretty much every line and not just grinders, key players.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

L.O.L.

They don't have their first round pick.

I don't know how you extend a GM who thought his team was ready to make a big trade for a player like Duchene when his team sucks. That's the guy in charge of maximizing the value of Karlsson. He's so blind that he couldn't tell that last year was a complete fluke...a Boucher special whenever he's coaching in his first year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad