Around the League - Is it Playoffs Yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
the thing is. (and i love some snarky hockey players).
if he didn't get traded would he still be saying this?
if Devils and Oilers were in playoff positions,, would he say that?
if Oilers were in a player off position, and devils not...?

it's sort of like when Duchene shot off his mouth, and now look at Ottawa.
(now to be fair Hall and has been killing it for the Devils. but still).
I can imagine there was a fair bit of animosity or hurt on his part post Oilers. He was the first of the 1st round picks on a terribly managed team. Finishing at the bottom of the league was a given. Then the draft McDavid and he's first out the door. NJ misses the playoffs with him and drafts 1st overall while McDavid and the Oilers make the playoffs.
He probably thought his fate was to be a lottery team player forever.
I doubt he says this if he gets traded because his feelings might be different. This is probably how he feels now. Different feelings, different comments. But honest, unscripted feelings.

Reactions: Daisy Jane

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Was looking at the league standings to check how many points the leafs were at and was completely surprised to see the flyers were third in the metro. I knew they were playing good hockey, but had no idea they were in a division spot. I'm hoping for a flyers-pens 1st round series. If the pens win they will be battered quite, and if the flyers pull off the upset, that takes out from the cup favorite, meaning easier path for the leafs. I'm hoping we get the lightning in the 1st round. I think we match up better against them as opposed to the bruins. Would love to see the leafs beat Stamkos and the lightning.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Habs should probably just IR Price for the remainder of the year. Concussions take a while to be 100% from, and the Habs have nothing left to play for, so just let him get back to 100% for training camp in September.

Plus, if you are trading him in the summer, it's probably better to ensure he's 100%, rather than him coming back and taking another shot to the head

Reactions: IBeL13f

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
That's a heavier price for Bailey .. Snow trying to go out all out to convince Tavares to stay.

Bailey hit 50 points for the first time last year but only had 13 goals .. And he's on a career year this year. Still hasn't hit 20 goals though in a season.

Seems like a lot and that the contract won't look so good by year 3.

8816 others

Dec 3, 2012
Bowen Island, BC
The NHL has awarded Vancouver the 2019 NHL draft for their 5o years in the league. The city which has twice rioted and embarrassed the league gets the draft and the Leafs get nothing for 100 years?
anigif_enhanced-buzz-24846-1401876508-5.gif

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
The NHL has awarded Vancouver the 2019 NHL draft for their 5o years in the league. The city which has twice rioted and embarrassed the league gets the draft and the Leafs get nothing for 100 years?
anigif_enhanced-buzz-24846-1401876508-5.gif

The league doesn't want those markets to fold, keeping those fans interested. :laugh:

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Lol at the tire fire that is Ottawa right now.

The Toronto connection

Can you imagine if Lou was their GM and they played music over him while he was addressing them?
Something tells me it would not go well, and said players would disappear, and I don't mean to Robidas Island.
What a gong show in Ottawa. Melnyk is like this generations Ballard, and Dorion is his puppet.

Barilko14

Jul 5, 2006
Renfrew, ON
To even think of attaching Ryan to one of top assets to potentially be moved in the last few decades is one of the more selfish acts from an owner that I have witnessed.

It's not like they'll need the capspace anytime soon (after it's torn down). To bring down Karlsson's value purely to save $$ is pretty awful.

Maybe he'd be able to pay the CEO more when Ryan is gone.

With all this said, I hate the Sens, so I hope Eugene and his puppet continue with this tire fire.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Salutegate vs current Ottawa fiasco, which is worse?

I actually think Salutegate was a much bigger disaster. Showed that players were frustrated with the city and it's fans. It was much more embarrassing. Without Shanahan this team would be in shambles right now.

Barilko14

Jul 5, 2006
Renfrew, ON
Salutegate vs current Ottawa fiasco, which is worse?

I actually think Salutegate was a much bigger disaster. Showed that players were frustrated with the city and it's fans. It was much more embarrassing. Without Shanahan this team would be in shambles right now.

Ottawa by a long shot. What Melynk is doing is effecting ticket sales, team moral (their captain wants out). Ottawa is not the city to pulling crap like this, they'll stop showing up, this could effect their plans for the new arena, could effect their future in Ottawa.

Melynk is more or less going to war with the fans and the players.

Little bit worse then some guys not raising their sticks.

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Still amazing how Ottawa was within 1 game of the SCF last year to the raging tire fire they are this year. Yes they overachieved but they've fallen like an anvil into the deep depths of awful. So much that in less than 1 year they're blowing up their roster, including likely moving on from their best player. With awful ownership at the top though it's no wonder they are where they are.

Ottawa's fans deserve better. And by that I mean at least semi-competent ownership that would do more for the fans and the city than what Melnyk is doing.

Reactions: carko32

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Still amazing how Ottawa was within 1 game of the SCF last year to the raging tire fire they are this year. Yes they overachieved but they've fallen like an anvil into the deep depths of awful. So much that in less than 1 year they're blowing up their roster, including likely moving on from their best player. With awful ownership at the top though it's no wonder they are where they are.

Ottawa's fans deserve better. And by that I mean at least semi-competent ownership that would do more for the fans and the city than what Melnyk is doing.

It happens look a the Colorado when from +100 point playoff teams to dumpster fire and Oilers of last year to this year another example the progress is not always linear and upwards in direction.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008

Wonder if the attitude was the same behind the scenes last year? It seems like as soon as contracts came up this whole issue just snowballed out of control.

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
It happens look a the Colorado when from +100 point playoff teams to dumpster fire and Oilers of last year to this year another example the progress is not always linear and upwards in direction.

That's true although my main point is how the Sens went from that playoff run to completely blowing up their roster in such short order. Those other teams haven't really done that. And I think it's more than just a roster shake up, they're seemingly going for the full rebuild.

Makes you wonder what they'll want to do with Duchene as his contract expires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad