Around the League - Is it Playoffs Yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
Not every team is Toronto, though, and can afford to spend whatever they feel like on a head coach. You could definitely be right - It'll be interesting to see what happens with that moving forward.

yeah its just my opinion but we haven't had a top tier coach change teams since really. I don't include hitch cause hes kinda at the tail end his coaching years. but I do agree with only certain teams will be able to afford the high echelon coaches.

Reactions: IBeL13f

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
yeah its just my opinion but we haven't had a top tier coach change teams since really. I don't include hitch cause hes kinda at the tail end his coaching years. but I do agree with only certain teams will be able to afford the high echelon coaches.
Apparently the Sabres offered Babs more than we did, so we're certainly not the only team that could swing it.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
Apparently the Sabres offered Babs more than we did, so we're certainly not the only team that could swing it.

yeah the one thing I have read is coaches are being really picky with where they land now. after watching the gong shows in Edmonton, Buffalo, Arizona, Vancouver florida ect wheres its a revolving door of coaches for really the last decade. I think its getting to the point where coaches will want a commitment to help overhaul the teams. not be let go 1 or 2 years in

there has been countless examples of players killing coaches lately. I'm only going to use the 2 off the top of my head but both acted completely childish.

eichel with blysma and hall with Eakins. I know theres more then those 2 examples but they are fresh in my mind from a conversation I was having earlier

Reactions: IBeL13f

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I think Coach Q will go back to St. Louis and then sign JT.

For real, the team ends up with Q will either be a team on the rise like the Leafs or a team that will go hard on JT with an already good core.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
I kid you not.
If Joel Quennville gets fired, I'll be A-Okay with them firing Babcock. I love Q.

You must be out of your mind, Daisy. :laugh:

If that happened, then I have a few year-end 2019 predictions:

1. Mike Babcock leads the rejuvenated Chicago Blackhawks to their 4th Stanley Cup in 9 years.
2. Auston Matthews asked for a trade to his boyhood Arizona Coyotes team after the Maple Leafs missed the playoffs lead by Joel Quenneville.
3. William Nylander traded to the Edmonton Oilers for Adam Larsson; the Oilers get their star winger to play with Connor McDavid.
4. Mitch Marner traded to the Pittsburg Penguins for Phil Kessel, reuniting him with Tyler Bozak and James van Riemsdyk.

That's how dysfunctional a move of firing Babcock and hiring Quenneville would be at this point in time.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
You must be out of your mind, Daisy. :laugh:

If that happened, then I have a few year-end 2019 predictions:

1. Mike Babcock leads the rejuvenated Chicago Blackhawks to their 4th Stanley Cup in 9 years.
2. Auston Matthews asked for a trade to his boyhood Arizona Coyotes team after the Maple Leafs missed the playoffs lead by Joel Quenneville.
3. William Nylander traded to the Edmonton Oilers for Adam Larsson; the Oilers get their star winger to play with Connor McDavid.
4. Mitch Marner traded to the Pittsburg Penguins for Phil Kessel, reuniting him with Tyler Bozak and James van Riemsdyk.

That's how dysfunctional a move of firing Babcock and hiring Quenneville would be at this point in time.

well i was only joking like i said in another post.
boy. :(

Reactions: Superstar

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
NJ is playing really desperate hockey...up 3-1 at Pittsburg nearing the end of the 2nd period.

Leaffan1991

Oct 22, 2016
Canada
Boston is so annoying you are losing 2-0 just lose a game in regulation... you got to admire how much they battle and work hard all the time. Any new guy that comes up and plays for them competes gives it 110 percent.
I’m scared to face them in the playoffs especially because they will get home ice advantage. I would rather us play Tampa to be honest. Less grinding, we could score on them easier and wouldn’t come out of that series as bruised and battered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad