Around the League - Is it Playoffs Yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
They were below .500 in last 10 games. Now at .500. They are as average as it gets.

They are also in a really tough stretch of games. They start the California road trip now, and then travel to Pittsburgh right after. Then they go back home to face Tampa Bay.

They just faced the Jets and Knights as well. Granted they're off to a good start. But it isn't an easy road to the playoffs for them. This is a pivotal time.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Facebook reminded that this was 7 years ago...

roberts+too+much+man.jpg

Reactions: OddyOh

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
Better 1-2 overall O.V and Malkin? Lafleur and Dionne? I'll take OV and Malkin. Maybe the eventual answer will be Matthews and Laine.

OppositeLocK

Nov 18, 2017
Greatest goal scorer of all time. Imagine if we didn’t have those lockouts. He could’ve easily passed Gretzky.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Greatest goal scorer of all time. Imagine if we didn’t have those lockouts. He could’ve easily passed Gretzky.

You're forgetting there was the lockout in the mid-90's that shortened the season to 48 games. Also Gretzky, in his first season, played for the Oilers when Edmonton was apart of the WHA. The following season the WHA merged with the NHL. His WHA point totals don't count towards his career stats. Gretzky would have flirted with 1,000 goals and 3,000 points otherwise.

We're going to have to see how Ovi ages before declaring him the greatest goal scorer.

Reactions: OppositeLocK

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
Guys, I need an unbiased opinion, and I figured now with Laine on the hottest streak of his career and Matthews injured it's the perfect time to ask it : Laine or Matthews? No agenda here.

Reactions: htpwn

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Vegas has been a great story this year and have proven a lot of people (myself included) wrong. That said, I don't see them doing much in the playoffs. They're great when they can completely outwork the other team, but that won't happen in the playoffs and I don't think they have the talent to overcome it

Reactions: stickty111

OppositeLocK

Nov 18, 2017
You're forgetting there was the lockout in the mid-90's that shortened the season to 48 games. Also Gretzky, in his first season, played for the Oilers when Edmonton was apart of the WHA. The following season the WHA merged with the NHL. His WHA point totals don't count towards his career stats. Gretzky would have flirted with 1,000 goals and 3,000 points otherwise.

We're going to have to see how Ovi ages before declaring him the greatest goal scorer.

Fair enough.

Still amazing in the era OV did it in and that he still has a chance to touch Gretzky’s.

Reactions: BertCorbeau
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad