Around the League - Is it Playoffs Yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Carolina is f***ing trash. Not much to be excited about on that roster outside Aho and eventually Necas. Overrated D and f***ing awful goalies. No scoring depth.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I am still so salty about refs turning a blind eye to bruins infractions and canes freakin' choking. Ward was worst than Reimer on the high glove if you can believe that....

at least Ottawa is beating Tampa; so far....

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Carolina is ****ing trash. Not much to be excited about on that roster outside Aho and eventually Necas. Overrated D and ****ing awful goalies. No scoring depth.

Bb...bb...bu...but...but...Hanofin so OP. :sarcasm:

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Boston 4 back from Tampa with 2 games in hand.

I might be more comfortable playing Tampa at this point and at least losing to them would hurt less.

Same. A loss to Tampa is whatever. It'd be nice to show Stamkos what for after not coming here, and get back at Tampa for basically stealing our colour scheme, but it'd be a much easier pill to swallow if we lost in the first round to them instead of Boston. Hell anyone really.

Reactions: hamzarocks

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Definitely. Heck if he can pot 45 goals over the next 3 seasons, he'd have to average 31 goals per season from age 35 to 40. That latter stretch will largely depend on how his body holds up and if he stays in the NHL. It also seems unlikely but considering Ovi's career low in a season is 32 .. Who knows?

Generational type players have been known to buck the age trend. Maybe he won't decline as fast? :dunno: Should be fun to track though.
And thats all assuming he stops at 40. It’s certainly possible.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Same. A loss to Tampa is whatever. It'd be nice to show Stamkos what for after not coming here, and get back at Tampa for basically stealing our colour scheme, but it'd be a much easier pill to swallow if we lost in the first round to them instead of Boston. Hell anyone really.

With the way vasilevskiy has been playing lately I like our chances better against tampa anyway

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
Let them peak. Let us be their kryptonite. #faith
Beat them in round 1 and all bets are off. Gotta avenge 4-1.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
NJ seriously hungry for a playoff spot...beating up Vegas in their house 7-2.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Devils are slapping Vegas around. I know it's only 1 game, but Devils aren't a joke. They remind me a bit of us last year, and could give a top team a scare.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Anyone else see the Ovechkin interview on TSN? I don’t think that announcer could have made it any more obvious they were trying to get him to say he was the best goal scorer of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad