GDT: Around the League Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaoz*

Sabres were outshot 15-1 in the first against the Habs. Glad to see the Sabres so fired up after playing the Bruins.

Down 4-0 in the second. I don't know what happened to Tyler Myers, but don't let Dougie do anything that kid did after his first season.

4-0 Montreal. What happened to the big turn around? I thought the Sabres win against us was where they got inspired and turned it around. :laugh:

Habs goal song sounds like Safety Dance in the very beginning.

Sounds like the A team intro.

Widdlez

Da Broons.
Apr 4, 2011
Down 4-0 in the second. I don't know what happened to Tyler Myers, but don't let Dougie do anything that kid did after his first season.

Sounds like the A team intro.

I think its just a custom song.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
4-0 Montreal. What happened to the big turn around? I thought the Sabres win against us was where they got inspired and turned it around. :laugh:

5 0 now and Prust just beat up Ott so I guess they aren't tough anymore either.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

They left their swag in Boston... LOL

Funny, Buffalo looks great today, I'm sure the Bruins were indeed totally focused on the game Thursday...:sarcasm:

BTW, I thought Ott didn't fight toughguys?

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
5 0 now and Prust just beat up Ott so I guess they aren't tough anymore either.

Tomas Plekanec, not even six feet tall and under 200 pounds just robbed Vanek right off the puck, sent it the other way for the 5th goal for the Habs.

Perhaps Buffalo used up all their tough guy quotient for the season.

Speaking of.....Tyler Myers? 12 million dollar salary this year for a defender who's -3 today. Money well spent.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Tomas Plekanec, not even six feet tall and under 200 pounds just robbed Vanek right off the puck, sent it the other way for the 5th goal for the Habs.

Perhaps Buffalo used up all their tough guy quotient for the season.

Speaking of.....Tyler Myers? 12 million dollar salary this year for a defender who's -3 today. Money well spent.

That was THE game of the season, don't you know. :laugh:

"Whaddya mean we have to play more games?!"

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Miller pulled.... Ruff and him probably combing video of the Game on Thursday looking for something Looch did to cause this.

Glad the hockey gods weren't amused with Ruff's ridiculous timeout.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
That was THE game of the season, don't you know. :laugh:

"Whaddya mean we have to play more games?!"

That's the rumor going around...even among some on our hallowed board.:laugh:

It doesn't help that I'm coming down with a nasty cold and my family's left me alone to stew so I'm spending the day sniveling, watching hockey and generally being an arsehole.:rant:

It's gotten to the point where I'm taking a small amount of glee in a Habs' beatdown of Buffalo. The world is truly spinning off it's axis.

2 1/2 more hours to puck drop where hopefully, the world rights itself.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I hate the Habs winning but the Sabres getting the beat down is sweet. No win really though.

6-1 now with PP goal while Scott was in the box. Good to see his value in this game.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Now 6-1 Habs. Desharnais scores on the power play awarded when Scott facewashes Subban and draws the 2 minute minor.

:laugh:

See, that's how you respond to a 4th line plug. Get him in the box, take advantage to score and win.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Now 6-1 Habs. Desharnais scores on the power play awarded when Scott facewashes Subban and draws the 2 minute minor.

See, that's how you respond to a 4th line plug. Get him in the box, take advantage to score and win.

Absolutely right MF. You ignore them. Coaches are smart enough to realize they can't waste the roster spot if the 'deterrent' is never active. No different then good old BGL when he was a Hab.

BergyMeister

Overpaid 4th liner
Mar 5, 2010
Tampa Via Vermont.
As some of said above I was watching the game and actually "rooting" for the Habs to beat down the sabres. :) I know it's sad when you can get pleasure from a Habs win. :)

McBrom7

FIRE IT UP!!
Jun 26, 2012
Habs heating up. Gallagher and Galchenyuk creating some scary chemistry. Pleks is heating up too.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Yakupov doesn't handle losses very well and sadly for him, I think a lot more are coming this year. Oilers don't really looked to have turned a corner to me, pretty bad five on five.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Philadelphia is 29th in the league, 1 point above Calgary who's played 3 less games.

EDIT: Nevermind, NHL doesn't like to update the standings... 3-6 is still pretty pathetic. They've played more games than most teams, too.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Yakupov doesn't handle losses very well and sadly for him, I think a lot more are coming this year. Oilers don't really looked to have turned a corner to me, pretty bad five on five.

Their future will be bright with Nathan McKinnon.:naughty:

Pathetic organization from top to bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad