GDT: Around the League #6: Dat Hertl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Flames look so much better than we have. Team full of pluggers but they are getting full commitment and Monahan looking like an absolute steal at #6. Whole team blocking shots like mad.

If they kill off a penalty here they will be 3-0-2

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Flames and Leafs look great this year. Grit, strong on the puck, some skill and speed. I've hated on Lupul for a while, but he's been dangerous with his size and speed every time I've seen him this year.

ehhteen

5-14-6-1
Jan 15, 2010
Connor's Place
Monahan with more goals than all our 1st overall picks combined. Dang, he's going to be good for Calgary. Sucks that he was 1 spot away from us in the draft. He would be the perfect compliment to Nugent-Hopkins.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Fact is the Oilers have had an easier schedule.

Winnipeg/New Jersey are garbage and lost to MTL/Budaj night after they played the Flames.

Debatable

The Caps are struggling...CBJ isn't scaring anyone....U got Vancouver and the 2nd of a B2B and NJ and Montreal aren't very good

Sure the Flames are hot but no world beater other than Vancouver and u got em tired

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Debatable

The Caps are struggling...CBJ isn't scaring anyone....U got Vancouver and the 2nd of a B2B and NJ and Montreal aren't very good

Sure the Flames are hot but no world beater other than Vancouver and u got em tired

So Montreal isn't very good but they beat you guys 4-1 lol I'm a Leafs fan and I find this **** hilarious. What does that make the Oilers then? No offense but you guys shouldn't be talking smack about anyone.

Angelus*

So Montreal isn't very good but they beat you guys 4-1 lol I'm a Leafs fan and I find this **** hilarious. What does that make the Oilers then? No offense but you guys shouldn't be talking smack about anyone.

You talk so much smack about the Oilers on the main boards so what does that make you?

Angelus*

Fact is the Oilers have had an easier schedule.

Winnipeg/New Jersey are garbage and lost to MTL/Budaj night after they played the Flames.

Washington, Vancouver & Columbus are certainly not easy opponents.

Oh look, it's Garfield/HellsBells! No wonder it reeks like calgarypuck in here.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
The Oil could of so desperately used a Barkov, MacKinnon or a Monahan from the last draft. Sure they got some potential great players in Hall and Yakupov but man... it's sad how badly they're going to need a bigger, more talented second line C. Seeing Galchenyuk on Thursday has me thinking maybe they made the wrong pick in Yakupov. I mean what a mess... there's almost zero chance for them to have an upgrade at centre given the state of the league. Teams are holding on to their players, especially their C's and d-men... And if the Oil wanted to trade for a bigger, more skilled winger opposing GMs know they're trading from a position of weakness. It's so frustrating.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm?season=20132014&type=con&date=11/05/2011

This is why I don't put much faith in early season standings. We'll get a better idea of how good teams really are in late December.

Wasn't that the year that Khabby played out of his mind for the first 9 games? As a team we still sucked. A winning streak can mask underlying problems.

I do think the Avs are overacheiving... they trade chances and magically have a extremely low GA per game right now (won't hold up)

http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.ht...&sort=avgGoalsAgainstPerGame&viewName=summary

Calgary is more like Columbus - a blue collar team with no stars. They'll probably just finish outside the playoffs :yo:

The Perfect Human*

Great to see Seguin flourishing in Hall-type minutes and opportunities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad