GDT: Around the League #6: Dat Hertl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007
They're one of the best teams in the league. Paajarvi scratched from St. Louis doesn't really mean much. I'm not saying it's great, but it's not that big a deal imo...

(I still think we fleeced them)

AJGass4

Aug 19, 2011
Anyone remember a team that went 9-2-1 to start last year?

That's Calgary this year, the bubble will burst.

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
Wes Gilbertson ‏@SUNGilbertson 11m
Another Hartley gem: "If they read everything that some of you guys wrote on us (before the season), I was scared that some would retire."

Countin' their chickens before they're hatched.

The Perfect Human*

Lots of unreasonable butt-hurt in this thread, don't be like CP guys.

They've done a good job - their later-round picks all seem to be emerging as legitimate talents.

Backlund, Baertschi, Brodie al lseem like the real deal.

They've made some astute signings/trades - Jones, Stempniak, Galiardi, Glencross are all solid vets to surround the kids with.

But most of all - they're getting the goaltending. MacDonald has been ridiculous.

Sloth Slothersons*

They've done a good job - their later-round picks all seem to be emerging as legitimate talents.

They've made some astute signings/trades - Jones, Stempniak, Galiardi, Glencross are all solid vets to surround the kids with.

But most of all - they're getting the goaltending. MacDonald has been ridiculous.

Agreed. They've played a lot better than the Oilers, that's for sure.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney

Not impressed with him, or as impressed as I was when I saw him in that series against the Oil Kings.

Whatever, they've got a new star for me to hate in Sean Monahan. And as a rival, that's the highest compliment you can give.

Eskie Jetski

Jun 25, 2004
3-3 in Tinseltown now. The Kings are off to a slow start although wasn't that also the case last year?

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
3-3 in Tinseltown now. The Kings are off to a slow start although wasn't that also the case last year?

It's the case most years... their playoff performances have tricked people into forgetting that they always seem average in the regular season.

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
It's the case most years... their playoff performances have tricked people into forgetting that they always seem average in the regular season.
They definitely have the capacity to raise their level of play to a scary level. It's not something that is sustainable over an 82 schedule but they do enough to win just over half of their regular season tilts.

I wish the Oilers could afford themselves that level of nonchalance.

The Perfect Human*

They definitely have the capacity to raise their level of play to a scary level. It's not something that is sustainable over an 82 schedule but they do enough to win just over half of their regular season tilts.

I wish the Oilers could afford themselves that level of nonchalance.

Their strategy is simple. Physically beat the living **** out of you until they win the turnover game.

oilersrule14

May 13, 2003
Visit site
I disagree that they've played better but I certainly wish that we had their goaltending right now.

You know Dubnyk's playing like crap when you hear this lol. Don't worry folks, Dubnyk's lowest SV% is .914 these past 3 years, we really don't need to be jealous of a duo of goalies with 3+ GAA and 890 something SV%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot