Around the League 42: Life, the Universe, and Everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
still say they should have gone with that since the Kraken is a meme-tier name slightly less meme-y than Rain City Bitch Pigeons. That said they absolutely knocked the branding out of the park for that one at least.
Dude….i was headed to type my rain city bitch pigeon post. Best name ever. I bought stickers.

Last edited:

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
I really hope they don’t do something so plain as Utah Hockey Club or whatever. When I was a kid the best part of sports were the bright colors and larger than life mascots and cool nicknames- I don’t know how something like that or Washington Football Team or the like are supposed to capture a kid’s imagination

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I really hope they don’t do something so plain as Utah Hockey Club or whatever. When I was a kid the best part of sports were the bright colors and larger than life mascots and cool nicknames- I don’t know how something like that or Washington Football Team or the like are supposed to capture a kid’s imagination
That would presumably be a temporary identity- and I hope that's the one they go with for now, because those other registered names are f***ing terrible.

Reactions: DaveG

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017

All due respect Gary, I have a hard time believing that

VIVINT_453.jpg

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Metropolitan has delivered mid matchups consistent with the division’s overall mediocrity. I am legit excited about most of these matchups though.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Let it be HC Utah for a year or two. They can buy men's league jerseys off the Internet for fifty bucks. No logo, just a big U. Who gives a shit?
sure but it's also not that hard to just make a decision on team name, logo, etc. you don't need multiple years to think it over. The Redskins took multiple years to come up with the shitty Commanders name/rebrand. I could come up with something 1000x better than that in one night with a few friends and a keg

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
sure but it's also not that hard to just make a decision on team name, logo, etc. you don't need multiple years to think it over. The Redskins took multiple years to come up with the shitty Commanders name/rebrand. I could come up with something 1000x better than that in one night with a few friends and a keg

The last time Utah got a relocation team, they just kept the old name even though it made zero sense. Because when I think Utah, I think Jazz.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
The last time Utah got a relocation team, they just kept the old name even though it made zero sense. Because when I think Utah, I think Jazz.
and despite it not making sense it's actually still a cool name and brand at least in my opinion. Utah Coyotes could be cool if they rebranded a bit to more snow/winter themed colors. Whatever they do, my point is just that they could easily come up with something great in no time. Stupid to drag it out multiple years and play under some bullshit temporary "hockey team" moniker.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
and despite it not making sense it's actually still a cool name and brand at least in my opinion. Utah Coyotes could be cool if they rebranded a bit to more snow/winter themed colors. Whatever they do, my point is just that they could easily come up with something great in no time. Stupid to drag it out multiple years and play under some bullshit temporary "hockey team" moniker.

Utah Artic Fox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad