Around the League 42: Life, the Universe, and Everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
According to tankathon.com, it looks like we have an easier schedule than the Rangers for the remaining 14 games. Both teams have somewhat similar schedules, but the Rags play a couple more hard games than we do. We basically play 3 more games against good teams: Toronto later this month and a home/away vs Boston in April. Fortunately we seem to own Boston's number. Both Canes/Boston may be jockeying for a #1 seed, or maybe the spots will be locked up by that time.

I am pasting a screenshot below.

1710773106215.png

The only Eastern team with an easier schedule than we have is Tampa.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
According to tankathon.com, it looks like we have an easier schedule than the Rangers for the remaining 14 games. Both teams have somewhat similar schedules, but the Rags play a couple more hard games than we do. We basically play 3 more games against good teams: Toronto later this month and a home/away vs Boston in April. Fortunately we seem to own Boston's number. Both Canes/Boston may be jockeying for a #1 seed, or maybe the spots will be locked up by that time.

View attachment 837771

Seems like the Canes remaining schedule could provide a great opportunity for Rod to manage the lineup in a way that gets everyone as healthy as possible for the playoffs.

:teach:

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015

View attachment 837771

Wait, isn't that missing like 4x of our remaining games? Only 10 shown there?

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
With their recent stretch and a weak schedule the rest of the way, the Lightning look like a good bet for WC1. Uh.

That matchup still makes me nervous. They're just so skilled on the PP. Stamkos/Hedman/Kucherov move the puck faster than the Canes can pressure. Since and inclusive of the 2021 playoffs, the Bolts are 17/46 (~37%). Vasilevskiy is the type of goalie that can get hot and a steal a round too.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I am enamored with the M2 spot, feels like its the best round 1 draw in the entire bracket - would not be at all upset if Rod employed some old fashioned Gregg Popovich "load management" over the next 4 weeks.

f*** that. We are only five points behind Boston for the President's Trophy. Go for it and then Tampa becomes the Atlantic's problem.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
If you haven’t already seen it and have a ESPN+ membership check out that oilers avs game over the weekend.

Talk about high octane offenses (Avs pickups at deadline make them my favorite out of the West)

Reactions: Stickpucker

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Ovi with a couple goals already tonight. He’s a stud and it wouldn’t surprise me to see him break the record next season honestly.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Granted, teams aren't the same after the deadline, strength of schedules are different, road vs. home schedules are different, small sample size of games left, blah, blah, blah.

If every team in the top 10 of the NHL plays at the exact same pace that they've played since December 12th, here are the point projections by the end of the season.

1710850634577.png

Last edited:

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Granted, teams aren't the same after the deadline, strength of schedules are different, road vs. home schedules are different, small sample size of games left, blah, blah, blah.

If every team in the top 10 of the NHL plays at the exact same pace that they've played since December 12th, here are the point projections by the end of the season.

View attachment 838121
Our point pace since December 15th is .7439. That would mean we would expect to have 20.8 of the remaining 28 points or 110-111 points.

Florida would have 113.9. Are all of these 10 points off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad