Around the League 42: Life, the Universe, and Everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC

Only 67, but I had heard that he has had issues with slowed speech, so considering what his profession is, this announcement comes as no surprise. I heard some rumors, likely unfounded, that the Bruins may pry John Forslund out of Seattle. Considering that he started in Hartford, it makes some sense to want to go back to New England.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
I heard some rumors, likely unfounded, that the Bruins may pry John Forslund out of Seattle. Considering that he started in Hartford, it makes some sense to want to go back to New England.
Before the nhl, he started in springfield, and is a native.

Seems like there was always an assumption he would leave the canes for boston. Never did, though i swear at one point he could have? Guess that assumption transferred to seattle.

3CanesInTheBox

5!CanesintheBox
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
NO WAY THE WINGS ARE ABOUT TO LOSE THIS GAME????

Nicki_Minaj_Evil_Witch_Laugh.gif

Reactions: Tryamw

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Was really hoping the Rangers would have to face the Pens in the 1st round. Caps are going to be a cake walk for them.

Caps:
17th ranked PP
18th ranked PK
28th ranked Goals For
17th ranked Goals against
29th ranked 5v5 GF%
25th ranked 5v5 xGF%
21st ranked 5v5 SV%
16th ranked all situations SV%
27th ranked Goal Diff (-38)

How the hell did they make the playoffs?

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
Florida and toronto get to decide if they want to see each otber in the first round. Lay down, toronto - you know you want to get that boston monkey off your back.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Was really hoping the Rangers would have to face the Pens in the 1st round. Caps are going to be a cake walk for them.

Caps:
17th ranked PP
18th ranked PK
28th ranked Goals For
17th ranked Goals against
29th ranked 5v5 GF%
25th ranked 5v5 xGF%
21st ranked 5v5 SV%
16th ranked all situations SV%
27th ranked Goal Diff (-38)

How the hell did they make the playoffs?

Based on the games I've seen from them:

A combination of timely OV/Strome goals, their goalie getting hot at the right time, and every other possible bubble team losing games they shouldn't be losing.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Based on the games I've seen from them:

A combination of timely OV/Strome goals, their goalie getting hot at the right time, and every other possible bubble team losing games they shouldn't be losing.
That's probably the biggest thing. It was a battle of who wanted it less between the Caps, Detroit, Pitt, Phi, Ott,Buf, NJ

3CanesInTheBox

5!CanesintheBox
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
I am literally trying to remember the last "short" series the Rongos have played in recent memories. They seem to always take at least 6 games. I wouldn't be surprised if somehow caps/rangers stretches out, too.

Reactions: Stickpucker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad