Around the League 42: Life, the Universe, and Everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
The way the Avalanche are playing, the Jets will make quick work of them next week. Their body language is really negative from Coach Bedard to the players.

Reactions: Blueline Bomber

htdoc

Oct 30, 2018
I wasn’t buying into the whole Josh/Shane Doan thing, even when he’s had a strong start. Just seemed to be not at the same level as pops. I just watched him bury a one time timer skating backwards on a two on one rush that was a bomb top shelf. I see it now…

That’s some shit his Dad did at his best.
I’m watching it as there isn’t any other game on right now and it’s been a bit of crazy end to end track meet stuff out there….

That was an nhl shot for sure….

And the knock against Wolf for Calgary is he isn’t big enough and it has shown in this one..where Markstrom gets a few stops just by being so darn big, stuff just naturally hits him without even having to move….Wolf won’t have that luxury…

3CanesInTheBox

no touch my guys
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
O CANADUH…

giphy-downsized.gif

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Looking at end of year stats this morning.

Rangers and Canes have similar profiles re: PP, Goals, etc. They are more top heavy re: production but Total & PP goals are essentially even.

Another item worth looking at is TOI and outside of Fox profiles are similar there too. TOI for Canes is interesting with most players getting less this year versus previous years (future post).

1713199819034.png

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
You guys want to do a GDT for the Senators/Rangers game? I don't think Sens fans would be too pleased if we went there and main board is main board.
I think if we showed up in force as Sens fans for one night only, they would be delighted. Assuming we don't take a shit in the punch bowl.

EDIT: or maybe not, since they all seen to prefer losing to help the tank.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I think if we showed up in force as Sens fans for one night only, they would be delighted. Assuming we don't take a shit in the punch bowl.

EDIT: or maybe not, since they all seen to prefer losing to help the tank.

Well, in that case, I'm sure Rangers fans for one night only would be delighted if we showed up in force to root against the Rangers in order to ruin the Sens tank!

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Well, in that case, I'm sure Rangers fans for one night only would be delighted if we showed up in force to root against the Rangers in order to ruin the Sens tank!
Tanking is similar affront to the game of hockey as is people not answering the bell when they have gooned on the Rangers players.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Comparative TOI analysis for some key players (Guentzel getting 3 minutes less with Canes than Pitt btw); With Orlov on board, Burns, Slavin, Pesce & Skejei have seen their ice time reduced y/y. Also, last 5 games RBA has given most of the guys less minutes in preparation for the playoffs (ie Staal, D).

1713223416020.png

Reactions: Stickpucker

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Ottawa looks like they want to win tonight.

All other playoff race metro teams are winning so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad