Around the League 3 - The Threequel Always Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Every time I see that Geico Rivalries add with the blind date between the LA Kings and San Jose Sharks fan, I imagine the guy thinking "Dammit, small boobs!" whenever they cut to him looking at the logo on her chest.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
I feel like you can't talk trash about NJ without mentioning Camden.

Side note: Getting lost in Camden at 1AM is not particularly enjoyable. 2/10, would not take that exit again.

DaleCooper

NEVER 4GET
Aug 2, 2005
Brooklyn
www.jonathanhawkins.net
either that or he realized that st. louis is a jaw dropping, amazing, first class city with great bbq, amazing blues music and mildly temperate weather.

and new jersey has.... trenton and hoboken. and also isn't even actually a state. half of it is a suburb of new york and the other half is a suburb of philadelphia. srsly, i drove through about 6 years ago and a state trooper in haboken at a gas station told me, upon seeing my non jersey plates, to watch out for manholes with the lids taken out. it's a grade a way to get ur car stuck and pillaged urban viking style.

Odd to compare Trenton and Hoboken. Hoboken is probably one of the nicest cities in the United States whereas Trenton along with its pals Camden and Newark are among the greatest examples of American political and urban planning failtures (some good stuff going on in Newark these days though). Hoboken is also completely filled with bros (and Eli Manning), so I try to avoid it. New Jersey has a lot of really awesome places. Jersey City and all of the munis across the river from NYC are basically the sixth borough (I propose a trade with Staten Island). I didn't mind the years I spent in New Brunswick. Lots of great small urban towns like Montclair, Fair Lawn, Cherry Hill, South Orange, Princeton, Raritan, Morristown. Not to mention all of the shore towns. Asbury Park and Wildwood are the best. I think New Jersey is just a really interesting place. There are 565 municipalities which is absurd for such a tiny state.

Agreed on St. Louis though! I went there for the first time two years ago and was totally blown away. So much that I even considered applying for jobs out there when I got home. It really surprised me how little I had heard about St. Louis given all that was going on there. I'm really jealous of all the early 20th century warehouse and factory buildings that have been preserved in their downtown. The overall city population there is completely stagnant, but the downtown population has been growing at a ridiculous rate. It has the bones for a great city center that most Rust Belt cities destroyed and many American cities never developed at all.

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
new jersey isn't great but it is way less bad than people make it out to be

unless we're talking like camden i'd live somewhere in jersey over st. louis any day of the week.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
new jersey isn't great but it is way less bad than people make it out to be

unless we're talking like camden i'd live somewhere in jersey over st. louis any day of the week.

Missouri has some nice places.

Outside of Camdem, all jersey really has is Newark.

New Jersey is East Philly, West NYC, Camdem, and Newark.

StormCast

Jan 26, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Central NJ is actually pretty damn amazing, if you can afford to live there.

(you can't)
True enough. If you blindfolded some of the NJ critics, many of whom have never even been there, and drove through some of the areas they would never guess where they are once you told them to remove the blindfolds. I don't have any ties there but there are many beautiful areas beyond the baseless stereotypes of the uninformed.

gocanes88

Jan 14, 2007
Fayetteville, NC
I think New Jersey is just a really interesting place.
I just got back from there and... it wasn't that interesting to me. :dunno:

my dad is from new jersey

across the river from philadelphia
The view going into Philadelphia on the Walt Whitman Bridge is unbelievable... just drove it this morning.

Central NJ is actually pretty damn amazing
That's precisely the part of New Jersey I was just in. My statement above still stands. :laugh:

FlyingSquirrels

Jul 5, 2011
This board now officially sucks. If someone wants to talk hockey, where do we go? Or do we have to be clever and use # a buncha times?

I mean c'mon guys. Why does every thread have to turn into a "Last comic standing contest"?

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Well, in the spirit of trying to get the discussion back to hockey (while still staying in the NJ area), there are reports that the Devils might be looking to move one of their defensemen not named Greene or Larsson.

With RF already stating defense is a top priority this offseason, is there anyone interesting there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad