Around the League 22: But how will it work next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
Sports is such a strange beast. It's the only occupation where normal people will side with ownership consistently over players. If the same issues that players dealt with were given to normal people there is no way normals would feel the same.

It continues to baffle me because to get to the NHL one has to have a very different childhood than normal. Their parents have to put out loads of money just to play. And all their career earnings comes in a relatively short time span. I think it's cool that hockey players can do something I never will. I don't get pissed because a cardiac surgeon can possibly save someone I would kill 100 times out of 100. So why are the same benefits not offered to athletes?

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Sports is such a strange beast. It's the only occupation where normal people will side with ownership consistently over players. If the same issues that players dealt with were given to normal people there is no way normals would feel the same.

I don’t think that’s true anymore. Just look at the lack of support unions get now compared to 30 or 40 years ago.

Reactions: raynman and DaveG

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
I don’t think that’s true anymore. Just look at the lack of support unions get now compared to 30 or 40 years ago.
I was just talking to a friend about this. I’ve worked in a manufacturing plant with a union and one without. One of them treated their employees much better than the other.

Reactions: MinJaBen and DaveG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad