Around the League - 2023/24

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

Miss him bros 🤣

MacK in shambles

There's a lot to be said about nutrition and fitness for sure... but two of the most durable players (Ovi and Kessel) to ever play the game just treat their bodies like trash.

(Brayden Point is also a fellow Subway man... eats one before every game)

Reactions: The Moops

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
There's a lot to be said about nutrition and fitness for sure... but two of the most durable players (Ovi and Kessel) to ever play the game just treat their bodies like trash.

(Brayden Point is also a fellow Subway man... eats one before every game)
I don't begrudge these guys a sandwich for lunch, but Subway is nasty.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Now that Ovi is back on a heater... the odds are looking up on him breaking the record. If he gets 5 more this season, he's only be 41 back. 25 and 17 seems pretty realistic for his last two seasons.

Also... this is just wild:

Crosby and Stammer will both probably hit 600 goals. From there you have Matthews, who looks to be on the track for 700++. Then the next group is Pasta, Drai, McDavid, and MacK... who are all right on the edge of the 600. All about 250-270 away... which is really right on that edge. Pasta probably has the best chance with McDavid being 2nd. Goes to show just how tough of number that is to actually hit.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Now that Ovi is back on a heater... the odds are looking up on him breaking the record. If he gets 5 more this season, he's only be 41 back. 25 and 17 seems pretty realistic for his last two seasons.

Also... this is just wild:

Crosby and Stammer will both probably hit 600 goals. From there you have Matthews, who looks to be on the track for 700++. Then the next group is Pasta, Drai, McDavid, and MacK... who are all right on the edge of the 600. All about 250-270 away... which is really right on that edge. Pasta probably has the best chance with McDavid being 2nd. Goes to show just how tough of number that is to actually hit.
Crazy to think that Ovi could potentially already have broken the record, or be within probably ~10 goals right now without lockouts/Covid.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Crazy to think that Ovi could potentially already have broken the record, or be within probably ~10 goals right now without lockouts/Covid.
I'd say there is a very solid chance he'd be breaking it right now. We're looking at 15-20 more in the lockout season. ~5 more on the covid shutdown. Then probably 10-12 for the shortened season. At the high end that is close to 40, maybe a heater happened and he got 45... which would make that the whole story line right now. Instead he's probably looking at the middle of the 25-26 season. 45g next year is probably unlikely, but also not out of reach. It'll be cool to see that record go down whenever it does.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I'd say there is a very solid chance he'd be breaking it right now. We're looking at 15-20 more in the lockout season. ~5 more on the covid shutdown. Then probably 10-12 for the shortened season. At the high end that is close to 40, maybe a heater happened and he got 45... which would make that the whole story line right now. Instead he's probably looking at the middle of the 25-26 season. 45g next year is probably unlikely, but also not out of reach. It'll be cool to see that record go down whenever it does.
I mean 45 next year is probably unlikely, but betting against Ovi scoring is always risky. Even after thinking it was over this season he’s going to pot at least 30, and his heater could even get him up to 32-35. I would guess he doesn’t hit 45 but it also wouldn’t surprise me.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I mean 45 next year is probably unlikely, but betting against Ovi scoring is always risky. Even after thinking it was over this season he’s going to pot at least 30, and his heater could even get him up to 32-35. I would guess he doesn’t hit 45 but it also wouldn’t surprise me.
Yeah that's how I feel. I wouldn't be surprised at all.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Hire him to run our defense since Pratt is so awful :sarcasm:
I see the emoji... but for the life of me I can't see how anybody thinks Pratt is doing a poor job. I don't like the PK system as much as anybody else... but the defensemen that have come through here, their development, and the play of vets is always so high. Dude is a brilliant coach and has done so much for this team.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Chara retired from the NHL at 45

IsyA3gE.jpeg

Reactions: The Moops

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad