Oilers finish:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
The best moment to witness was last playoffs when the Oilers had the lead and McLellan had the Kings playing a no forecheck 1-3-1. I believe it was Nurse who happy to sit behind the net and let the time run off the clock.

If you get a 2 goal lead against a team that deploys the 1-3-1 the game is over. They aren't coming back.

Reactions: TB12

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Eh, its one thing to for a fan to complain about it being boring. It's weird when its coming from a player on the team that just lost to it.

Don't like it, do something about it. Otherwise it comes across as just trying to make an excuse for not being good enough to beat it.

Sure.

But good teams figure out a way past it. instead of complaining and crying about it, the Oilers had to deal with it 2 playoffs in a row.

Zadorov also thinks Mackinnon is better than McDavid, so that says all you need to know about his opinion.

Tom Wilson musta scrambled his brains behind the avs net years ago.
I dunno fellas, he’s just speaking his mind. It’s not uncommon for fans to say they are tired of hearing the same old cliches and typical answers when they wish some guys would speak their minds. Zadorov spoke his mind and now he’s labelled as a complainer.🤷🏻‍♂️

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
The best moment to witness was last playoffs when the Oilers had the lead and McLellan had the Kings playing a no forecheck 1-3-1. I believe it was Nurse who happy to sit behind the net and let the time run off the clock.
That confused the hell out of me. I'm surprised Tmac didn't get fired after that round.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Sure.

But good teams figure out a way past it. instead of complaining and crying about it, the Oilers had to deal with it 2 playoffs in a row.

Zadorov also thinks Mackinnon is better than McDavid, so that says all you need to know about his opinion.

Tom Wilson musta scrambled his brains behind the avs net years ago.

Bingo.

For teams that aren't dumb, the Kings playing a 1-3-1 is a gift. They can beat you up when they are aggressive on the forecheck, but they simply don't do it for reasons I honestly can't for a moment fathom. Normally you can see the logic behind teams that trap like that because they have limited scoring/transition talent, but that isn't the case there at all.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
McLellan comes into the series with a solid 5-on-5 game plan and grabs a few wins, the Oilers adjust mid-series, and he sticks with the original plan en route to a series loss.

I don't think I would call grabbing a few wins off of bunkering down behind unsustainable goaltending and bagging a couple overtime special teams goals a solid 5 on 5 game plan. If anything the Kings were better in the back half of the series when they were playing more aggressive they just weren't getting bailed out by Korpisalo anymore.

But I also don't think McLellan much of a chance really. At least last years Oilers were just flat out better than the Kings.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Sometimes a good coach firing comes after moments like this. I think for both McLellan and Woody that extremely poor decisions in playoffs ultimately cost them their jobs. I mean not immediately in either case but episodes like it cause such consideration, and then then that later grows. The other side of it is the players see the inanity of such decisions as well and even though in hockey players won.t call out a coach in words they will work to rule if they sense its dead coach walking and they need somebody better behind bench.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I dunno fellas, he’s just speaking his mind. It’s not uncommon for fans to say they are tired of hearing the same old cliches and typical answers when they wish some guys would speak their minds. Zadorov spoke his mind and now he’s labelled as a complainer.🤷🏻‍♂️
Comes off as poor loser syndrome. Far from the first time for Zadorov. I mean he's a caveman hitting people head first through the boards. I'm not sure if its his place to be talking about any ills of hockey. Just getting tools like him out of the league would improve the game.

I watched the game. The Nucks lost because they are tiny at forward and couldn't win puck battles and couldn't sustain ozone time. They were getting beat by a bigger club with bigger forwards that were grinding them down. Predictably it was a roster win. The win showcased again why the Kings would take the Nucks in a series.

I mean you gotta consider Zadorov would be whining the same, and did, when he was playing for the hapless Flames.

But that said I despise Zadorov so not impartial on this.

Bingo.

For teams that aren't dumb, the Kings playing a 1-3-1 is a gift. They can beat you up when they are aggressive on the forecheck, but they simply don't do it for reasons I honestly can't for a moment fathom. Normally you can see the logic behind teams that trap like that because they have limited scoring/transition talent, but that isn't the case there at all.
Not only killed the Kings in the playoffs but in regular season as well. Kings for instance when they had their record road win string this season had a two goal lead on Islanders, They were trotting out the 1-3-1 and trying to milk the W home. Islanders came back because of it and won in OT. The Kings players were pissed and their losing string started after that. They knew they had dominated the game and that a tactical error caused the game to swing.

Last edited:

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
The key to beating teams like the Kings is to get a lead, BUT, you have to actually play proper defense as well and not make brainfarts like we do constantly.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
The key to beating teams like the Kings is to get a lead, BUT, you have to actually play proper defense as well and not make brainfarts like we do constantly.

If the Kings had an elite goalie then 1-3-1 might actually make some sense and be a problem. They don't though, so even the limited chances they would theoretically give up could be enough to go in on their shitty goalies.

Reactions: bellagiobob

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Stanley fighting again.

1711671561178.png

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Nucks should win tonight

Wayne Gretz...Err I mean Dakota Joshua is back

That is the type of effect he apparently has on their team from all I hear since he has been injured

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Mack home streak ends as Avs lose to Rags in SO

Is the Altitude PBP an idiot ?
Game goes to shootout “unless something changes, it looks like his steak ends”

Something changes

:huh:

• Haha
Reactions: Ritchie Valens

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Dallas looks like the gimps that played CGY in the playoffs

You really need a quick forward to watch little Quinny. They just let him roam around and whip point shots on net

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
I'd genuinely be scared for your health if the Canucks win the Cup
lol no no I am not like this in real life. I manage my emotions. This is just online. I don't even shit talk my family in vancouver if they lose ever. Vancouver fans are different though. I have heard them chirp for 20+ years.

I would HATE it if they won a cup, but I would feel happy for my friends and family for seeing them win something in their life. I mean, in the end, it's a bunch of millionaires playing on ice. They are not paying my bills for me to worry this much.

Half of my posting here in the OOT is for our stalker friend who reads it all. I am trying to entertain him and another few

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad