GDT: Around the League 2023-2024 "Off Season??!! What off season??!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Toronto chokes as per usual. Selke Matthews and Marner in no mans land in OT

CGY looked like sh** too in their first period with a fairly full lineup. Lindholm slashes a guys stick in half and then gets open to make it 2-1

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011

giphy.gif

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I'm not sure which internal traffic gets jammed first after eating that thing. The blood getting jammed through the arterial highway or your ass getting jammed at the merge lane between the intestines and colon.

Traffic jam burger indeed.

Haha I was thinking something similar. I can eat a lot of junk but that is a bridge too far. Makes my chest hurt just thinking about it

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

I still don't think Phillips will be anything, and I kind of see him as a prototypical pre-season superstar, but having said that I would absolutely love it if he became a player and the "star" young prospects on the Flames all kind of fizzle out.

Reactions: Oilhawks

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
I still don't think Phillips will be anything, and I kind of see him as a prototypical pre-season superstar, but having said that I would absolutely love it if he became a player and the "star" young prospects on the Flames all kind of fizzle out.
probably it would be hilarious if it were a Martin St. Louis situation all over again for the Flames lol...all because Sutter can't stand young players and wouldn't give them the time of day

imagine drafting Tkachuk, Dube, Fox and (possibly) Phillips in a single draft and only having Dube to show for it....ouch

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
probably it would be hilarious if it were a Martin St. Louis situation all over again for the Flames lol...all because Sutter can't stand young players and wouldn't give them the time of day

imagine drafting Tkachuk, Dube, Fox and (possibly) Phillips in a single draft and only having Dube to show for it....ouch
I mean Tkachuk was in a package for Huberdeau and Weegar, Fox was apart of a deal that brought Lindholm and Hanafin in.

So it's not like they just have Dube.

Really that was the last draft in the past decade that their scouts earned their keep.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

The most likely reason for his benching is the desire Michkov has demonstrated for playing in the NHL. That can be a no-no for Russian players in the KHL as Ivan Fedotov learned when he ended up on serving on a military base instead of battling for the Flyers' backup goaltending job last year.

I sure hope that wasn't the reason for his early benching and lack of time. Odd SKA is 6-7 and had no use for him, but Sochi 9-4 found room for him. At least for him SKA loaned him.

3 points against his old squad too lol.

Wonder if SKA ruined it for the KHL when it comes to signing long-term high end talents to long deals going forward.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
I mean Tkachuk was in a package for Huberdeau and Weegar, Fox was apart of a deal that brought Lindholm and Hanafin in.

So it's not like they just have Dube.

Really that was the last draft in the past decade that their scouts earned their keep.
Sure but they’d be better off with Tkachuk and Fox as part of a young core..
Instead of the core they have now

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Pasta showing why playing with Bergeron his whole career was so important. Even last year. xGF with Bergeron 70%. Without 49%. Wonder how this season goes for him.
It will be interesting for sure to see how they do

They lost Bergeron, kreji, hall, bertuzzi from the playoffs

Reactions: oobga

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Pasta showing why playing with Bergeron his whole career was so important. Even last year. xGF with Bergeron 70%. Without 49%. Wonder how this season goes for him.
This making fiction of all the comments that Pasta scored a ton of goals and was better defensively than say Draisaitl. It was Bergeron all along and one of the best 200ft forwards in the game. Pasta looks like controller disconnected without him. Not that Pasta ever did much of anything in the playoffs either. Wonder as well how successful Pasta would be in the more physical WC.

It will be interesting for sure to see how they do

They lost Bergeron, kreji, hall, bertuzzi from the playoffs
Considering how quick they exited playoffs I don't think very well. Is it possible to lose a series in 3 games. ;) Big bad Bruins could be in trouble. What a clusterf*** Presidents Trophy season anyway. Typical Boston.
Boston seldom wins it all. Without that one cup against Vancouver of all clubs Bruins wouldn't have had anything to count since Bobby Orr.

Reactions: oobga and subnet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad