Around the League - 2022 offseason thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
anyone else find it odd that this tweet was posted on the 7th and basically no news organization has picked it up?

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
anyone else find it odd that this tweet was posted on the 7th and basically no news organization has picked it up?

Probably difficult to corroborate, and two days may not be long enough to do so. No news organization wants to run the risk of publishing defamation based on a single anonymous accusation.

The Lightning and the NHL, on the other hand, should and probably will take action based on this, corroborated or not.

Reactions: Xirik

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Allegedly it's due to cap issues cause they can't ice a 23-person roster but still kind of hilarious after all the 'but he played so well in camp' hype

Reactions: MasterofGrond

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah wouldn't be surprised if Holtz is waived just for the opening of the season cause he's waiver eligible

edit: exempt

Last edited:

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

It sounds like Smith should have made the team but I guess that they didn’t want to risk losing PO Joseph on waivers. Their defensive depth, particularly on the left, is iffy.

Smith would have likely worked nicely with Rutta on the 3rd pair but if a top 4 LHD gets hurt then it would get dicey. Moving Smith up to play with Letang or Petry while having plugs in the 3rd pair is kind of scary.

They’ll work with Smith on his defensive play in AHL and maybe Joseph takes a step forward with this opportunity.

The downside is this might have been the best opportunity to sneak Joseph through waivers while having Smith on the 3rd pair.

Reactions: Bone Density

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
trade already a W
It was a win the day it happened as far as I'm concerned.

And I like Ty Smith more than most people did after last year. I thought he could potentially bounce back and be good this upcoming year, but if you can trade him for John Marino then you absolutely do it. Worst case scenario is if he was bad again this year then he might be worth much more than a John Hayden type of player.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
That can be said for every GM. We'll see in 15 years if Brisebois will continue to win Cup's for fun.
Yeah doesn’t mean it’s not true. Though

Who knows if Chris would be the best person for the job, but he would seem to be highly qualified as he's been working towards this for a very long time. Yes, having Lou as his dad certainly got his foot in the door, but why would we automatically assume he's any worse than say a former player with little management experience?

Stop. Just stop. Arguing that Lou's success was just Brodeur, Stevens & Niedermayer is one of the absolute dumbest takes I've seen here.
What positives has Chris even accomplished? Just because he has been in the business doesn’t make him qualified. Listen you think what you want and I’ll think what I want

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad