NHL Around the League: 2022 I - Next up... The Kraken get players - Ottawa hires Pierre McGuire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2021-7-9_5-54-26.png

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Key Expansion Dates:

July 13 - Deadline for teams to ask players with NMC to waive
July 16 - Deadline for teams to place players on waivers prior to expansion roster freeze
July 16 - Deadline for players with NMC to accept to waive
July 17 - Expansion draft roster freeze
July 17 - player signing freeze
July 17 - Deadline for teams to submit protected lists
July 18 - Deadline for NHL/NHLPA to approve protected lists and distribute
July 18 - Exclusive negotiating period for Seattle with UFA's RFA's not protected
July 21 - Deadline for Seattle to submit their picks along with any RFA UFA signings
July 22 - Expansion draft roster freeze ends

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
"Well I mean, you don’t agree, but again you don’t have a rebuttal. Just calling it awful, horrendous, absurd, etc.

If you have a good point to make, make it. Otherwise, have a little maturity to have a conversation. You disagree, tell me why. If you don’t care to talk about the subject or bother making an effort why even comment in the first place?"

@DiggityDog My guy, not only did you respond to my first rebuttal, I posted multiple times why I thought it was absurd.

NHL - Around the League: 2021 XVI - Stanley Cup Final - Lightning win second Cup in a row

NHL - Around the League: 2021 XVI - Stanley Cup Final - Lightning win second Cup in a row

Hope this was helpful!

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Key Expansion Dates:

July 13 - Deadline for teams to ask players with NMC to waive
July 16 - Deadline for teams to place players on waivers prior to expansion roster freeze
July 16 - Deadline for players with NMC to accept to waive
July 17 - Expansion draft roster freeze
July 17 - player signing freeze
July 17 - Deadline for teams to submit protected lists
July 18 - Deadline for NHL/NHLPA to approve protected lists and distribute
July 18 - Exclusive negotiating period for Seattle with UFA's RFA's not protected
July 21 - Deadline for Seattle to submit their picks along with any RFA UFA signings
July 22 - Expansion draft roster freeze ends

Wow that's a lot happening in just 10 days :eek2:

Reactions: rfournier103

Babajingo

"July 18 - Exclusive negotiating period for Seattle with UFA's RFA's not protected"

So, for example, if Krecji doesn't sign by then, SEA has a period in which only they can try to sign him?
Not sure if that is great or not. I would imagine the players want the teams to have a bidding war on them.

Bah, nevermind.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
be interesting to see if the NHL schedules the Bs to play Van/Sea on the same trip consistently. Like it makes 100% sense to do that, but we're discussing the NHL, so :dunno::dunno:

Doesn’t the NHL usually do two western trips?

One that hits LA, ANA, and SJ. The other that hits VAN, EDM, CGY and WPG? I’d assume that SEA is added to California trip.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Five NHL teams with decisions to make this offseason

Boston Bruins
The goaltending situation remains the big question. Tuukka Rask is an unrestricted free agent. He’s said numerous times he doesn’t want to play anywhere but Boston. The Bruins have the cap space to get it done.
Rask is going to miss the start of the season, though, likely until at least January. Jeremy Swayman had a good showing when he started, but it’s a risk to assume he can just slide in and be the long-term starter. Jaroslav Halak is also a free agent, and could be a solid backup option for Swayman while they wait for Rask to be ready.
Then there’s Dan Vladar, who has been waiting in the wings of Providence as well. Swayman’s emergence was earlier than anticipated, so perhaps they rely more heavily on Vladar.
Rask’s future is the big question mark. They have others; there’s what to do with David Krejci, who similarly expressed a desire to stay un Boston. Then there’s Taylor Hall, their acquisition at the trade deadline who had chemistry with Krejci.

Greyhounds

Sep 30, 2005
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Five NHL teams with decisions to make this offseason

Boston Bruins
The goaltending situation remains the big question. Tuukka Rask is an unrestricted free agent. He’s said numerous times he doesn’t want to play anywhere but Boston. The Bruins have the cap space to get it done.
Rask is going to miss the start of the season, though, likely until at least January. Jeremy Swayman had a good showing when he started, but it’s a risk to assume he can just slide in and be the long-term starter. Jaroslav Halak is also a free agent, and could be a solid backup option for Swayman while they wait for Rask to be ready.
Then there’s Dan Vladar, who has been waiting in the wings of Providence as well. Swayman’s emergence was earlier than anticipated, so perhaps they rely more heavily on Vladar.
Rask’s future is the big question mark. They have others; there’s what to do with David Krejci, who similarly expressed a desire to stay un Boston. Then there’s Taylor Hall, their acquisition at the trade deadline who had chemistry with Krejci.
Most nights, I liked what I saw from both Swayman and Vladar, so if they decide to go with youth til Rask returns (assuming they sign him), I'm ok with that.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Doesn’t the NHL usually do two western trips?

One that hits LA, ANA, and SJ. The other that hits VAN, EDM, CGY and WPG? I’d assume that SEA is added to California trip.

Since 2017 they have grouped Arizona, Vegas and Colorado as well. Anaheim and LA always seem to be back to back.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
be interesting to see if the NHL schedules the Bs to play Van/Sea on the same trip consistently. Like it makes 100% sense to do that, but we're discussing the NHL, so :dunno::dunno:
Making sense and the NHL should never be uttered in the same sentence

Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad