Around the League 2022-23 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
A couple new players this year with a team trying to win, as of now a bunch of UFA's after 23-24, and Sutter could have a decent shelf life in Calgary. Get rid of guys who get sick of him. Although I would assume their best remaining chance to win would be in the next 2 years. Kadri is now 32, Huberdeau will be 30 when the big contract kicks in, Markstrom will be 33, and I don't believe they have a ton of potential coming through the system, although I don't really know much about non-Kings prospects.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
It would be his worst move if he does. He’s done.
It's too late, I've already offered Rob Blake everything I have. Wayne Simmonds and Kyle Clifford will be LA Kings by tomorrow afternoon. The Clifford-Lemieux-Simmonds 4th line will be PUNISHING.

LAKnew4thLINE.jpg

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
hockey culture is fine guys totally fine

What does it have to do with hockey culture? The issue at hand goes on in every sphere of life, and has been around much longer than hockey has existed. If you want to say humanity has an issue, ok, but it's not specific to hockey, college football, religion, education, business, family, Hollywood, the internet, youth groups, etc.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
What does it have to do with hockey culture? The issue at hand goes on in every sphere of life, and has been around much longer than hockey has existed. If you want to say humanity has an issue, ok, but it's not specific to hockey, college football, religion, education, business, family, Hollywood, the internet, youth groups, etc.
Yeah I don’t think it’s hockey specific by any stretch. Scum bags are scum bags regardless of what sphere they’re in.

Reactions: KINGS17

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

No one is saying it's limited to hockey culture.

But hockey culture in general has done a lot of sweeping under the rug and clearly has some systematic issues rather than just individual issues so it's a little brash to just dismiss it as "yeah society sucks, what are ya gonna do."

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
There is a lot of barbaric, macho crap in hockey. All it takes is to go into any locker room anywhere, league or pickup. Or just watch a Don Cherry segment.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
There is a misogynistic attitude in pro hockey dressing that the ‘team/sport culture’ allows to fester - I’ve been around it and seen it. I’m sure it happens in similar environment/sports. There is a greater % of people that have that attitude around hockey than in normal life (so lads nights outs that I’ve been or not just the office). Its not even close.

I’m actually very broad minded on most issues including sex and the attitudes I’ve seen are an absolute disgrace, the worst coming from SOME North American Pro’s (I’m talking ex ECHL, AHL, NHL players). I’m not saying they raped anyone underage (although I know of one from a source I trust), I’m talking about the misogynistic keep it in the room/on the road attitude.

Incidentally this guy played for us also…

Weirdly he was one of the last guys you’d have expected this from.

Last edited:
Reactions: mbar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad