Around the League - 2022-23 Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Calgary will have about 50 million committed to 30+ players next season. Short-term they have some great deals, but it could go bad in a hurry.

as always, their cap issues are all a result of overpaying depth players like Lucic, Coleman, Backlund, Zadorov.

Reactions: Menzinger and kb

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Juuse Soros picking up where he left off prior to his injury last year. He’ll have to be their MVP again if they want to make the playoffs.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Duschene had a rough puck possession game today, he needed that EN goal.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Just wondering if the Anderson for Johnsson trade is still an unmitigated disaster...?

Very interesting.

If a taking team is smart, pick him up, give him tons of offensive usage and hope to sell him for some type of pick at the deadline

Reactions: kb

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Very interesting.

If a taking team is smart, pick him up, give him tons of offensive usage and hope to sell him for some type of pick at the deadline
A bottom 10 team who can feed him top 6 minutes with a playmaker.

Islanders?

Reactions: Menzinger

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Weegar signing is interesting. Solid AAV but in maybe 4 years the Flames will be in a tough place as their top guys all age out. On the other hand Calgary looks like it could be a steamroller for the next 3. Yes he overpaid but who wants to meet this Flames team in the next playoff?
I love the Canucks signing Miller but I have no idea what is happening in Winnipeg so sorry for their fans.

Montreal squarely aimed at Bedard/Michkov. This season will be a tank battle for the ages.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Weegar signing is interesting. Solid AAV but in maybe 4 years the Flames will be in a tough place as their top guys all age out. On the other hand Calgary looks like it could be a steamroller for the next 3. Yes he overpaid but who wants to meet this Flames team in the next playoff?
I love the Canucks signing Miller but I have no idea what is happening in Winnipeg so sorry for their fans.

Montreal squarely aimed at Bedard/Michkov. This season will be a tank battle for the ages.

tank.gif

Reactions: aingefan

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
as always, their cap issues are all a result of overpaying depth players like Lucic, Coleman, Backlund, Zadorov.
Im not sure their top end is capable of carrying any major load either. They should have rebuilt and sold high on Huberdeau and Weeger at the TDL

A bottom 10 team who can feed him top 6 minutes with a playmaker.
Isnt that Jersey?

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Tampa is still the class of the East, but I have a feeling they’ve played so much hockey that’ll it be hard on them this season.
To hell they are. That McDonagh loss is gonna bite them in the ass badly, and Palat was the glue guy for Kucherov and Point on their top line.

What's their bottom pair supposed to be again now? Ian Cole - Phillip Meyers? I'm really not sold.

The class of the east is well up for grabs as far as I see it.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
To hell they are. That McDonagh loss is gonna bite them in the ass badly, and Palat was the glue guy for Kucherov and Point on their top line.

What's their bottom pair supposed to be again now? Ian Cole - Phillip Meyers? I'm really not sold.

The class of the east is well up for grabs as far as I see it.
McDonagh is a loss for sure, but he was the logical choice to free up cap space.
They still have a lot of champions and could win it again, but I don’t think it’ll be this year.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Very interesting.

Any rebuilding team with cap space should be all over him. 1 year left too.

Reactions: Menzinger

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

Look at who’s name is first on that list. Remember when we traded a 1st + for that guy just 2 seasons ago? Christ.

Yep. The grind of injuries can be pretty brutal to 30+ old guys. The Leafs own Lupul went from being a legit top 6 threat to out of the league completely in about that time frame too

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.

Yikes if true

Yeah pretty gross. The woman’s story is on the main board if anyone wants to read it.

Everyone is innocent until proven guilty but Cole showed major character flaws last year when he was caught cheating on his pregnant wife with an engaged reporter. Obviously not nearly as bad but it just speaks to the type of person he is in general.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Yeah pretty gross. The woman’s story is on the main board if anyone wants to read it.

Everyone is innocent until proven guilty but Cole showed major character flaws last year when he was caught cheating on his pregnant wife with an engaged reporter. Obviously not nearly as bad but it just speaks to the type of person he is in general.
Thats disgusting.

Reactions: cyris

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Why is Boston putting Reilly on waivers? I thought mcavoy and grzelcyk are not available to start the season. Is Boston making a move for chychrun?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad